NIST provides the necessary conformance tests, test tools and techniques to advance healthcare information technology standards that are complete and testable. As an introduction and overview into testing, the following articles provide details around healthcare information technology conformance and interoperability testing.
Articles on Conformance Testing
- A Framework for Testing Distributed Healthcare Applications
- Testing Environments for Assessing Conformance and Interoperability
- Conformance Testing and Interoperability: A Case Study in Healthcare Data Exchange
- Towards Interoperable Healthcare Information Systems: The HL7 Conformance Profile Approach
- Dynamically Generating Conformance Tests for Messaging Systems
- Selecting Effective Test Messages
- Principles for Profiling Healthcare Data Communication Standards
- Computer (Nov 2012) includes article "Testing the Nation's Healthcare Information Infrastructure: NIST Perspective"
- IHE Open Source Project: XDS software
- Message Maker Prototype
- Principles for Writing Conformance Criteria
- Building HL7 EHR-S Conformance Criteria, Slide presentation