Notes to Reviewers
Hardware Workmanship Test Suite for the VVSG-NI, Version 1.0
April 1, 2009
The document available from this page represents a test suite for the hardware workmanship requirements (sometimes referred to as the environmental requirements and the corresponding testing materials as the shake and bake tests) of the next iteration of the Voluntary Voting System Guidelines (VVSG-NI). When the VVSG-NI is approved by the Election Assistance Commission (EAC), the test suites will be available for use by voting system testing laboratories as a common basis for testing voting systems to determine conformance to the VVSG-NI.
Test suite reviewers are advised to first read and understand the VVSG-NI, especially the sections relevant to the test suites under review, before reviewing the test suites. The hardware workmanship requirements are found in the following sections:
- Part 1 Section 6.4.3, General Build Quality
- Part 1 Section 6.4.4, Durability
- Part 1 Section 6.4.5, Maintainability
- Part 1 Section 6.4.6, Temperature and Humidity
- Part 1 Section 6.4.7, Equipment Transportation and Storage
Please send comments on the test suites, by July 1, 2009, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may provide comments directly in your email and/or send attachments in MS-Word or PDF. If you wish, you may embed your comments within the PDF documentation using the instructions provided here. In general, please tell us the features you like and provide us with comments, corrections, and suggestions on how to improve the test suites. Please provide the following items:
- Test suite version number (found in the test suite documentation, currently Version 1.0)
- Your name and affiliation (include contact information if desired)
- Identification of the particular tests and requirements in the VVSG-NI for which your comment applies
- If including suggestions for changes to the tests, a description of the suggested change including an adequate justification for the change, or a draft replacement for the test including the justification and any other necessary documentation or commentary
All comments will be considered. After all comments have been received and incorporated into the test suites, a new version of the test suites will be posted on the NIST web site.
The hardware workmanship test suite is available here in PDF.