The National Cybersecurity Career Awareness Week, brought to you by the National Initiative for Cybersecurity (NICE), is a week-long celebration focused on increasing awareness about careers in cybersecurity and how building a national cybersecurity workforce enhances America’s security and economic prosperity. NICE brings to the forefront information of local, regional, and national interest to inspire, educate and engage citizens to pique their interest in cybersecurity careers. National Cybersecurity Career Awareness Week takes place during November’s National Career Development Month, and each day of the week-long celebration provides for an opportunity to learn about the contributions, innovations, and opportunities that can be found by choosing a career in cybersecurity.
- Create excitement around increasing public awareness and engagement in building a strong cybersecurity workforce.
- Emphasize the demand and opportunities in the field of cybersecurity.
- Increase awareness around the multiple career options within the field of cybersecurity.
- Highlight the numerous pathways to enter the cybersecurity career field.
- Showcase programs that increase participation of women, minorities, veterans, persons with disabilities, and other underrepresented populations in the cybersecurity workforce.
- Advance the NICE Strategic Plan objective to inspire cybersecurity career awareness with students.
K12 Implementation Plan: Increase Career Awareness: Increase and Sustain Youth and Public Engagement in Cybersecurity Activities. (a) Establish a cybersecurity career awareness campaign targeting educators, students, parents, administrators, and counselors.
The Kickoff will be a day devoted to increasing public awareness and engagement about the cybersecurity workforce. Day 1 will celebrate the inaugural cybersecurity career awareness campaign targeting educators, students, parents, administrators, and counselors.