Conformance testing is a process conducted to determine whether a product or system meets the requirements of a specified standard or standards created by a standards development organization – consortium, trade association, government agency or other entity – to achieve connectivity or interoperability.
NIST plays a critical role in the standards development and harmonization process to ensure that recognized standards are complete and unambiguous. NIST makes available testing tools for the following:
- Healthcare Infrastructure Integration
- Healthcare Message Test Generation
- Meaningful Use Stage 1
- Medical Device Communication
- Patient Identification Matching
- Semantic Interoperability of Clinical Documents