Standards Alumni Association Volunteer Opportunities
The SAA exists only through the work of members who volunteer their assistance in varying degrees as they are able. Help to ensure a viable SAA by becoming a member of a committee. New volunteers not only bring new ideas to the SAA's activities, but their efforts reduce the burden on others and give the association much-needed depth.
Assist with the operation of the SAA office;
- Help with the newsletter by:
- Reporting and preparing obituaries of deceased ex-NBS/NIST employees;
- Collecting and formatting staff honors and awards information;
- Reporting on quarterly meetings;
- Gathering and editing NIST news items, especially on IT and TIP activities; or
- Proofreading issues before they go to press.
- Provide sorely needed IT support for various activities and committees;
- Help organize quarterly meetings, ceremonies, etc.;
- Add to the collection of historical information about NBS and NIST;
- Assist the NIST Museum in its efforts to preserve and portray the culture that makes the agency such a great place; or
- Participate otherwise in SAA committees, such as the Portrait Gallery, Membership, Oral History, and Program Committees to enrich the contributions of the SAA to its membership and to NIST.