Enacted Appropriations Legislation
The following is a list of budget-related legislation for your reference. The legislation is provided in both HTML and PDF versions. You will need Adobe's Acrobat Reader to view the PDF version. Click on the "Get Acrobat Reader" to obtain a free copy.
|Public Law Documents||Fiscal Year|
Enacted NIST Authorization Legislation
P.L. 110-69, HR 2272 signed into public law on August 9, 2007; (121 Stat. 572)
P.L. 110-69—legislation that authorizes funding for NIST for the next three years. It is the first NIST reauthorization signed into law since 1992.
Includes funding for NIST's portion of the American Competitiveness Initiative (ACI), which puts NIST's core budget (laboratories and facilities) on track to double over 10 years.
Eliminates the Advanced Technology Program (ATP), but allows for continued support for previous and pending ATP awards. NIST plans to announce awards for the 2007 (and final) ATP competition by September 30, 2007.
Creates a new NIST program—the Technology Innovation Program (TIP). TIP provides grants to eligible companies or joint ventures whose proposed technology has strong potential to address critical national needs by transforming the Nation's capacity to deal with major societal challenges.
Eliminates the Department of Commerce's Technology Administration (TA). As a result, the director of the National Technical Information Service (NTIS) now reports to the NIST director and the NIST director reports to the Secretary of Commerce.
National Institute of Standards and Technology Authorization Act of 2010
- Renewed NIST Authorization FY 2011 through FY 2013
- Established an Under Secretary of Commerce for Standards & Technology
- Provided for Community College Support of HMEP Centers by providing information on small and medium-sized job skills needed within the local area
- Provided for the creation of a Comptroller General report that speaks to NIST cost-sharing with HMEP Centers
- Established an Emergency Communication and Tracking Technologies Research Initiative
- Established guidelines pertaining to Green Manufacturing and Construction