NanoFab Internal and External Users have three options for accessing NEMO:
- NanoFab Tool Workstations in the Cleanroom – There are workstations located in the lobby of the cleanroom as well as the labs. On the workstation, click on the NEMO link and you will be taken to the NEMO homepage.
- Desktop computer using the public internet (this includes the NIST Visitor Wi-Fi network) – If you are accessing NEMO from the public internet, you will need to launch a web browser (either Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox) and enter https://nemo.nist.gov into the web browser’s address bar. This will launch the NEMO login screen. On the NEMO login screen, enter your NEMO username and password and press “OK” to complete the authentication process and access NEMO. Once the authentication is complete you will be taken to the NEMO homepage (see Figure 1).
Please note that there are two restrictions when accessing NEMO on the public internet:
- You must enter your NIST username and password instead of being logged in automatically.
- You will not be able to enable or disable tools from off-campus.
- Mobile Device – Use your smartphone’s browser to access https://nemo.nist.gov. Currently, when you visit the NEMO website with your mobile device, you will only be able to do the following:
- Create and cancel reservations
- View tool calendars
- Find NanoFab staff contact information – you can call or e-mail NanoFab staff directly from the contact page. The mobile home page displays your upcoming reservations for the day so you can see your schedule at-a-glance. See Figure 2 below.
Please note that we are working to make the entire NEMO website mobile-enabled and will provide updates on our progress.
If you do not have a NEMO username and password or have forgotten this information, please contact the NanoFab User Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (301)-975-8672. For a listing of NanoFab Staff contacts, you can click on the “Contact the NanoFab Staff” icon on the NEMO homepage.
NEMO Log-in Problems
If you have trouble logging into NEMO, please do the following:
- Verify that you have a NEMO account. Contact email@example.com to confirm your account.
- If your password is set to the default NanoFab password, it must be changed from the default before you can log into the public-facing NEMO website. You must be on-campus in order to change your password. Password changes cannot occur through the NEMO public website.
- If you forgot your password, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have your password reset.
- If you attempt to log-in three or more times with an incorrect password, the account will be locked for fifteen minutes.
- When logging into NEMO, enter “username” only. Do NOT include a domain name before your username.
- Valid username: “jsmith”
Invalid username: “CNSTNANOFAB\jsmith”
Invalid username: “NIST\jsmith”