Examiner development is an ongoing process that occurs through engaging with the evaluation process and the Criteria in different ways; in the classroom, on a team, and other Baldrige-related assignments.
All members of the Board of Examiners complete a prework assignment prior to attending the 2 ½ -day classroom experience. After completing training all examiners are assigned to an Award evaluation team where development and learning continues as examiners complete on-line learning modules and apply their learning to an actual Award application. A significant learning opportunity occurs during the consensus calls, when all examiners on the team share the rationale behind their evaluations and arrive at a consensus scorebook. While serving on the BoE, Examiners may be asked to perform a variety of tasks for the program that also serve as development opportunities.
- 2016 Prework Instructions for New Examiners Word
- 2016 Prework Instructions for Returning Examiners Word
- 2016 FitHabits Case Study PDF
- 2016 Welcome to BOSS Sample Message PDF
- 2016 Step-by-Step for Independent Review PDF
- 2016 Key Factors Worksheet Sample PDF
- 2016 Process Sample Item 5.1 IR Worksheet PDF
- 2016 Results Sample Item 7.3 IR Worksheet PDF
- 2016 Code of Ethical Conduct Word
2016 BOSS Help Topics (Examiners only) PDF
On-the-Team Online modules
The following modules are the same as the modules on the Examiner Development: On-Boarding page:
- Evaluating Process Items (11 minutes)
- Evaluating Results Items (15 minutes)
- Elements of a Well-Written Comment (10 minutes)
- The Power of Consensus (14 minutes)
You need to have Acrobat Reader installed on your computer to view the PDF file. If you do not have Acrobat Reader installed on your computer, download the program at http://get.adobe.com/reader. People with visual disabilities can download tools and information at http://www.adobe.com/accessibility to help make Adobe PDF files accessible.