2017 Due Dates
Submission must be received by this date with or without a nomination to the Board of Examiners. In addition, organizations applying under the alternative eligibility process referenced under the first Key Eligibility Change described below must include the specified additional materials.
Submit the eligibility certification package to certify your organization's eligibility in one of six award categories: manufacturing, service, small business, education, health care, or nonprofit.
May 2 (25 paper copies plus CD)
submission must be received by this date
- 25 copies of the application and a CD containing a PDF file of the application
PLEASE NOTE: Key dates are the final dates each package must be received at ASQ—not the postmark dates.
To be sure that your materials are not late, BPEP suggests applicants use overnight mail to send materials no later than Thursday, February 16, for the eligibility certification package and no later than Thursday, April 27, for the paper-copies-plus-CD award application package.
2017 Changes and Reminders
25 Paper Copies and 1 CD Required
The CD-only option has been eliminated for 2017. All applicants MUST submit their award application package with both paper copies and an electronic version on CD. Please submit
- 25 paper copies of the application; and
- 1 PDF file of the application on a CD (see Application Content and Format).If your organization receives a site visit, ASQ will use the CD to print additional copies of your organization's application. The additional printing charge will be part of your site visit fee.
For the first time in four years, fees for the 2017 Baldrige Award cycle are being increased. See Baldrige Award Process Fees for details.
Reminder: Team Leader-to-Applicant Call Early in Award Process (New in 2016)
The Baldrige Program is offering the highest-ranking officer or designated representative from each 2017 award applicant organization the opportunity to describe their organization's business model and other unique key factors during a half-hour phone call with the team leader of the examiner team assigned to evaluate their organization in early June during the Independent Review phase of the award process. During this call, the team leader can ask questions for clarification about information in the Organizational Profile, but the applicant and team leader will avoid describing or asking for more information about specific processes and results (which should be addressed in the 50-page application).
Reminder: Key Eligibility Changes (New in 2015)
- Organizations that can show a high level of maturity and superior performance metrics now have an additional means to gain eligibility for the Baldrige Award: they can submit additional materials (a completed Organizational Profile and 2 results measures for each of the 5 Criteria results items) with their eligibility certification package so that the Baldrige Program can determine their eligibility in early 2017. (Note: Those organizations that applied via this method in 2015 or 2016 may apply again for five consecutive years using this eligibility option IF they received a combined total for process and results band scores of 6 in the Consensus Review. These band scores may be found in the key themes section of the organization's feedback report.)
- Prior Baldrige Award recipients are automatically eligible to reapply for the award after five years, even if new or revised eligibility requirements (e.g., those for subunits) would otherwise screen them out. For example, if your organization was an Award recipient in 2011, you are eligible to apply again 2017.
- Organizational subunits (such as an individual business unit within a larger manufacturing company) are no longer restricted from award eligibility based on their workforce size relative to their parent organizations or the percentage of external customers served; however, such subunits must still be able to respond to all seven categories of the Criteria.
Reminder: Include Only Terms and Abbreviations in the Glossary
In the glossary, include only terms and abbreviations used in the application, with very brief definitions (see Application Content and Format ). Do not include descriptions of processes, tools, methods, or techniques in the glossary, or your application will be returned to you to remove extra glossary content.
Award Process Hotline
1-877-237-9064, option 3
You need to have Acrobat Reader installed on your computer to view the PDF file. If you do not have Acrobat Reader installed on your computer, download the program at http://get.adobe.com/reader. People with visual disabilities can download tools and information at http://www.adobe.com/accessibility to help make Adobe PDF files accessible.