You searched on:
Author: Blaza Toman
Displaying records 1 to 10 of 30 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. A Case Study of a Community Affected by the Witch and Guejito Fires: Report #2 – Evaluating the
Effects of Hazard Mitigation Actions on Structure Ignitions
Technical Note (NIST TN)
Alexander Maranghides, Derek McNamara, William Mell, Jason Trook, Blaza Toman
The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) has a suite of research projects
addressing risk reduction in Wildland Urban Interface (WUI) communities. The NIST WUI Team was
invited by CAL FIRE to collect post incident data from the ...
2. An international assessment of the metrological equivalence of higher-order measurement services for creatinine in serum
Johanna Camara, Katrice A Lippa, David Lee Duewer, Hugo H. Gasca-Aragon, Blaza Toman
Background: The CCQM-K80 Key Comparison directly assessed the equivalence of many of the world’s higher-order value-assigned materials (HOVAMs) for creatinine in human serum. This 2009 international study compared the certified values and uncertaint ...
3. Tutorial for metrologists on the probabilistic and statistical apparatus underlying the GUM and related documents
Antonio M Possolo, Blaza Toman
A review and précis of the meaning and calculus of probability, including random variables, probability distributions, functions of random variables, and of Bayesian statistical inference, with many illustrative examples.
4. Quantifying Model Error
Kevin B McGrattan, Blaza Toman
A methodology is proposed for reporting the results of fire model validation studies
that consist mainly of comparisons of model predictions and experimental measurements. The
difference between the two is a combination of model error and experimen ...
5. Bayesian uncertainty analysis under prior ignorance of the measurand vs. analysis using the Supplement to the Guide: A comparison
Blaza Toman, Clemens Elster
A recent supplement to the GUM (GUM S1) is compared with a Bayesian analysis in terms of a particular task of data analysis, one where no prior knowledge of the measurand is presumed. For the Bayesian analysis, an improper prior density on the measur ...
6. Three Statistical Paradigms for The Assessment and Interpretation of Measurement Uncertainty
William F Guthrie, Hung-Kung Liu, Andrew L Rukhin, Blaza Toman, Chih-Ming Wang, Nien F Zhang
The goals of this chapter are to present different approaches to uncertainty assessment from a statistical point of view and to relate them to the methods that are currently being used in metrology or are being developed within the metrology communit ...
7. Calibration and Uncertainty Analysis of Predictions from Computational Models
Computer experiments, that is, experiments performed using a mathematical model of a physical or chemical process implemented using a computer simulation are especially useful when extensive physical experimentation is either impossible or too expens ...
8. Model Based Uncertainty Analysis in Inter-Laboratory Studies
Blaza Toman, Antonio M Possolo
Statistical analysis of key comparison and inter-laboratory experiments is required to produce an estimate of the measurand called a reference value and further, measures of equivalence of the participating laboratories. Methods of estimation of the ...
9. Uncertainty Due to Finite Resolution Measurements
Steven David Phillips, Blaza Toman, William Tyler Estler
10. Assessment of measurement uncertainty via observation equations
Antonio M Possolo, Blaza Toman
According to the Guide to the Expression of Uncertainty in Measurement, measurement uncertainty is assessed by computational propagation of error based on a measurement equation that expresses the measurand as a known function of input variables. How ...