You searched on: Author: William Guthrie
Displaying records 1 to 10 of 82 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. Use of Single Particle Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry to Characterize a New Silver Nanoparticle Reference Material
Karen E Murphy, Jingyu Liu, William F Guthrie, Justin M Gorham, John E Bonevich, Andrew John Allen, Michael R Winchester, Vincent A Hackley, Robert MacCuspie
In this study we use inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry operated in single particle mode (spICP-MS) to simultaneously characterize the size distribution and dissolved silver fraction of a new silver nanoparticle (AgNP) candidate reference m ...
2. Certification of Total Arsenic in Blood and Urine Standard Reference Materials by Radiochemical Neutron Activation Analysis and Inductively Coupled Plasma - Mass Spectrometry
Rick L Paul, William C Davis, Karen E Murphy, Colleen E Bryan, Lee Lijian Yu, William F Guthrie, Dennis D Leber, Thomas W Vetter
A newly developed procedure for determination of arsenic by radiochemical neutron activation analysis was used to measure arsenic in SRM 955c Toxic Elements in Caprine Blood and SRM 2668 Toxic Elements in Frozen Human Urine for the purpose of providi ...
3. Development of a Standard Reference Material for Metabolomics Research
Karen W Phinney, Guillaume Ballihaut, Mary Bedner, Johanna Camara, Steven J Christopher, William C Davis, Nathan G. Dodder, Brian E Lang, Stephen E Long, Mark S Lowenthal, Elizabeth A. McGaw, Karen E Murphy, Bryant C Nelson, Jocelyn L. Prendergast, Jessica L Reiner, Catherine A Rimmer, Lane C Sander, Michele M Schantz, Katherine E Sharpless, Lorna Tregoning Sniegoski, Susan Shu Cheng Tai, Jeanice M Brown Thomas, Thomas W Vetter, Michael James Welch, Stephen A Wise, Laura J Wood, William F Guthrie, Robert Charles Hagwood, Stefan D Leigh, James H Yen, Nien F Zhang, Madhu Chaurhary-Webb, Huiping Chen, Bridgette Haynes, Donna J LaVoie, Leslie F McCoy, Shahzad S Momin, Neelima Paladugula, Elizabeth C Pendergrast, Christine M Pfeiffer, Carissa D Powers, Zia Fazili-Qari, Daniel Rabinowitz, Michael E Rybak, Rosemary L Schleicher, Mary Xu, Mindy Zhang, Arthur L Castle, Brandi S Benford, Gauthier Eppe
4. Comparison of Publicly Available Methodologies for Development of Geologic Storage Estimates for Carbon Dioxide in Saline Formations (WERB# G2013-0457, Pub ID: 913189), which was approved by WERB on 2013-01-27.
Angela Goodman, Grant Bromhal, Brian Strazisar, Traci Rodosta, William F Guthrie, Doug Allen, George Guthrie
Carbon dioxide storage resource estimates are compared by applying several commonly used methods to general saline formation data sets to assess the impact that the choice of method has on the results. Methods applied include those by 1) ministerial- ...
5. Identification of an Alternate Substrate for Testing Reduced Ignition Propensity Cigarettes
Amanda P. Robbins, Richard George Gann, William F Guthrie
Results from ASTM E2187, ISO 12863 and NZS/AS4830 for testing the ignition propensity of cigarettes have limitations that include
sensitivity to mass, moisture content, and surface roughness of the filter paper substrate, variations in test results ...
6. A case study of performance degradation attributable to run-time bounds checks on C++ vector access
Journal of Research (NIST JRES)
David W Flater, William F Guthrie
Programmers routinely omit run-time safety checks from applications because they assume that these
safety checks would degrade performance. The simplest example is the use of arrays or array-like
data structures that do not enforce the constrain ...
7. Comparison of Publicly Available Methodologies for Development of Geologic Storage Estimates for Carbon Dioxide in Saline Formations
Angela Lea Goodman, Grant Bromhal, Brian Strazisar, Traci Rodosta, William F Guthrie, George Guthrie
High-level estimates of CO2 storage resource for application to saline formations at the national, regional, and basin scale are required to assess the potential for carbon capture, utilization, and storage technologies to reduce CO2 emissions. Both ...
8. A Bayesian Quantitative Nondestructive Evaluation (QNDE) Approach to Estimating Remaining Life of
Aging Pressure Vessels and Piping
Jeffrey T Fong, William F Guthrie, James J Filliben, Nathanael A Heckert
In this paper, we use a Bayesian quantitative nondestructive evaluation (QNDE) approach to
estimating the remaining life of aging structures and components. Our approach depends on in-situ
NDE measurements of detectable crack lengths and crack g ...
9. Certification of SRM 2492: Bingham Paste Mixture for Rheological Measurements
Special Publication (NIST SP)
Chiara F Ferraris, Paul E Stutzman, William F Guthrie
Rheological measurements are often performed using a rotational rheometer. In this type of rheometer, the tested fluid is sheared between two surfaces, one of which is rotating . Usually, the angular velocity is imposed and the response of the mat ...
10. Condensation Particle Counter Proportionality Calibration from 1 particle,cm-3 to 104 particles,cm-3
Miles Owen, George W. Mulholland, William F Guthrie
The linearity of a condensation particle counter (CPC) (3760A, TSI, Inc.) for a monodisperse aerosol has been previously evaluated by comparison to an aerosol electrometer (AE) (Fletcher et al., 2009). The comparison of the CPC to the AE is an absolu ...