You searched on:
Author: David Gundlach
Displaying records 1 to 10 of 63 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. Interface Engineering to Control Magnetic Field Effects of Organic-Based Devices by Using a Molecular Self-Assembled Monolayer
Hyuk-Jae Jang, Sujitra Jeanie Pookpanratana, Alyssa N. Brigeman, Regis J Kline, James Ian Basham, David J Gundlach, Christina Ann Hacker, Oleg A Kirillov, Oana Jurchescu, Curt A Richter
Organic semiconductors hold immense promise for the development of a wide range of innovative devices with their excellent electronic and manufacturing characteristics. Of particular interest are non-magnetic organic semiconductors that show unusual ...
2. Probing charge recombination dynamics in organic photovoltaic devices at open circuit conditions
Lindsay Cc Elliott, James Ian Basham, Kurt Pernstich, Pragya Rasmi Shrestha, Lee J Richter, Dean M DeLongchamp, David J Gundlach
3. Morphological origin of charge transport anisotropy in aligned polythiophene thin films
Brendan T. O'Connor, Obadiah G. Reid, Xinran Zhang, Regis J Kline, Lee J Richter, David J Gundlach, Dean M DeLongchamp, Michael F. Toney, Nikos Kopidakis, Garry Rumbles
The morphological origin of anisotropic charge transport in uniaxially strain aligned poly(3-hexylthiophene) (P3HT) films is investigated. The macroscale field effect mobility anisotropy is measured in an organic thin film transistor (OTFT) configura ...
4. Predicting the J-V Curve in Organic Photovoltaics Using Impedance Spectroscopy
James Ian Basham, Thomas N Jackson, David J Gundlach
We employ impedance spectroscopy as a method to predict the current-voltage curve in organic photovoltaics. This technique allows the quantification of the recombination rate, series resistance, carrier density and lifetime very close to normal oper ...
5. Highly reproducible and reliable metal/graphene contact by UV-Ozone treatment
Wei Li, Christina Ann Hacker, Guangjun Cheng, Angela R Hight Walker, Curt A Richter, David J Gundlach, Yiran Liang, boyuan Tian, Xuelei Liang, Lianmao Peng
Resist residue from the device fabrication process is a significant source of contamination at the
metal/graphene contact interface. Ultraviolet Ozone (UVO) treatment is proven here, by X-ray
photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS) and Raman measurement ...
6. Modulated photocurrent spectroscopy of CdTe/CdS solar cells-equivalent circuit analysis
Behrang H Hamadani, John F Roller, Kounavis Panagiotis, Nikolai B Zhitenev, David J Gundlach
We have used the technique of photocurrent modulated spectroscopy to investigate the dynamic response of charge carrier transport in thin film CdTe/CdS solar cells as a function of light bias and temperature over a broad excitation frequency range. T ...
7. UV/Ozone treatment to reduce metal-graphene contact resistance
Wei Li, Kurt Pernstich, Angela R Hight Walker, Tian T. Shen, Guangjun Cheng, Christina Ann Hacker, Curt A Richter, Qiliang Li, David J Gundlach, Xuelei Liang, Lianmao Peng, Yiran Liang
8. Graphene as Transparent Electrode for Direct Observation of Hole Photoemission from Silicon to Oxide
Rusen Yan, Qin Q. Zhang, Oleg A Kirillov, Wei Li, James Ian Basham, Alexander George Boosalis, Xuelei X. Liang, Debdeep Jena, Curt A Richter, Alan C. Seabaugh, David J Gundlach, Huili G. Xing, Nhan V Nguyen
The outstanding electrical and optical properties of graphene make it an excellent alternative as a transparent electrode. Here we demonstrate the application of graphene as collector material in internal photoemission (IPE) spectroscopy; enabling th ...
9. Band Offset Determination of Atomic-Layer-Deposited Al2O3 and HfO2 on InP by Internal Photoemission
and Spectroscopic Ellipsometry
Kun Xu, Oleg A Kirillov, David J Gundlach, Nhan V Nguyen, Pei D Ye, Min Xu, Lin Dong, Hong Sio
Band offsets at the interfaces of n- and p-type InP ((100) and (111)A) and atomic-layer-deposited
(ALD) Al2O3 were measured with internal photoemission and spectroscopic ellipsometry. Similarly, the
band offsets at the interface of semi-insulatin ...
10. Observation of spin-valve effect in Alq3 using a low work function metal
Hyuk-Jae Jang, Kurt Pernstich, David J Gundlach, Oana Jurchescu, Curt A Richter
We present the observation of magnetoresistance in Co/Ca/Alq3/Ca/NiFe spin-valve devices. Thin Ca layers contacting 150 nm thick Alq3 enable the injection of spin-polarized electrons into Alq3 due to engineering of the band alignment. The devices ex ...