You searched on:
Author: joseph kopanski
Displaying records 1 to 10 of 109 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. Electrical Scanning Probe Microscopes to Address Industrial Nano-Metrology Needs of Integrated Circuits and Nanoelectronic Devices
Joseph J Kopanski
, Electrical modes of scanning probe microscopes have found considerable metrology applications in integrated circuits and emerging nano-electronic devices. This paper will review the critical metrology needs that electrical SPMs have addressed in th ...
2. Microwave-Based Metrology Platform Development:
Application of Broad-Band RF Metrology to Integrated Circuit Reliability Analyses
Lin You, Chukwudi Azubuike Okoro, Jungjoon Ahn, Joseph J Kopanski, Yaw S Obeng
In this paper we describe the development of a suite of techniques, based on the application of high frequency electromagnetic waves, to probe material and structural changes in integrated circuits under various external perturbations. We discuss how ...
3. Scanning Probe Microscopes for Subsurface Imaging
Joseph J Kopanski, Lin You, Jungjoon Ahn, Emily Hitz, Yaw S Obeng
Scanning probe microscopes (SPMs) have some ability to image sub-surface structures. This paper describes the theoretical and practical basis for imaging metal lines buried beneath insulating layers and for imaging insulating regions or voids within ...
4. DESIGN OF TEST STRUCTURE FOR 3D-STACKED INTEGRATED CIRCUITS (3D-SICS) METROLOGY
Lin You, Jungjoon Ahn, Joseph J Kopanski
5. Back-End-of-Line Test Structure Design and Simulation for Subsurface Metrology with Scanning Probe
Lin You, Emily Hitz, Jungjoon Ahn, Yaw S Obeng, Joseph J Kopanski
As demands in the semiconductor industry call for further miniaturization and performance
enhancement of electronic systems, the traditional planar (2D) electronic interconnection and
packaging technologies show their difficulties in meeting the ...
6. Contact Potential Measurements on Nano-particle embedded AlGaN/Metal Interface Using Kelvin Force
Jungjoon Ahn, Min-Seok Kang, Lin You, Joseph J Kopanski, Sang-Mo Koo
AlGaN/GaN Schottky barrier diodes (SBDs) have received much attention for high power and high-
frequency applications because of the high breakdown field in the wide band gap semiconductor.
Schottky contacts with tunable barrier height (ΦB) b ...
7. Charge-Based Capacitance Measurements Circuits for Interface With Atomic Force Microscope Probes
Joseph J Kopanski, Muhammad Yaqub Afridi, Chong Jiang, Michael Lorek, Timothy Kohler, Curt A Richter
The charge based capacitance measurement (CBCM) technique is highly sensitive to small capacitances and capable integration of onto an AFM tip, thereby reducing stray and wire capacitance to the bare minimum. The CBCM technique has previous been appl ...
8. Measurement Science for "More-Than-Moore" Technology Reliability Assessments
Chukwudi Azubuike Okoro, Jungjoon Ahn, Meagan V. Kelso, Pavel Kabos, Joseph J Kopanski, Yaw S Obeng
In this paper, we will present an overview of metrology issues and some of the techniques currently
under development in our group at NIST, aimed at understanding some of the potential performance
limiting issues in such highly integrated systems ...
9. Metrology for Nanosystems and Nanoelectronics Reliability Assessments
Yaw S Obeng, Chukwudi Azubuike Okoro, Joseph J Kopanski
The traditional models and techniques for studying reliability in integrated circuits may not be
appropriate for nanoelectronics and nanosystems. In this paper, we present an overview of a number of
materials and metrology techniques currently un ...
10. Calibrated nanoscale dopant profiling using a scanning microwave microscope.
Pavel Kabos, Thomas M Wallis, H P. Hubner, I. Humer, M. Hochleitner, M. Fenner, M. Moertelmaier, C. Rankl, Atif Imtiaz, H. Tanbakuchi, P. Hinterdorfer, J. Smoliner, Joseph J Kopanski, F. Kienberger
The scanning microwave microscope (SMM) is used for calibrated capacitance spectroscopy and spatially resolved dopant profiling measurements. It consists of an atomic force microscope (AFM) combined with a vector network analyzer operating between 1- ...