You searched on: Author: edward hagley Sorted by: title
Displaying records 41 to 50 of 56 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
41. Optical ,CloakingŠ Using Alternate Raman Gain and Free-Space Media in the
Presence of Spatially-Distributed Pump Fields
Chengjie Zhu, Lu Deng, Edward W Hagley, Mo-Lin Ge
We discuss an optical ,cloakingŠ scheme using three three-level active Raman gain systems in
tandem in the presence of a spatially distributed pump field. Using eikonal approximation we first
derive the analytical expression of the deflection angle ...
42. Phase Engineering and Interferometry With a Bose-Einstein Condensate
J E Simsarian, J Denschlag, Charles W Clark, J Cubizolles, Lu Deng, Edward W Hagley, D L Feder, Kristian Helmerson, S L. Rolston, William D Phillips
We demonstrate quantum phase engineering with two novel techniques that allow us to write and read out the spatial phase distribution of a Bose-Einstein condensate (BEC). A quantum state is designed and produced by optically imprinting a phase patter ...
43. Polarization selective Kerr phase shift method for photonic quantum controlled-NOT and polarization gates
C. J. Zhu, Lu Deng, Edward W Hagley
We propose a photonic CNOT gate and a polarization gate using a polarization-selective-kerrphase-
shift scheme. Using the demonstrated continuous Kerr phase shifting technique we selectively
write a π phase shift to one of the circularly polar ...
44. Preparation of multi-party entangled states using pair-wise perfect efficient single probe photon four-wave mixing,
Y Wu, M G Payne, Edward W Hagley, Lu Deng
45. Propagation Dynamics of a Temporally, Amplitude- and Group-Velocity-Matched Two-Mode Ultraslow Wave in a Three-Level Lamda System
Lu Deng, M Payne, Edward W Hagley
We investigate the propagation dynamics of a two-mode probe field traveling with ultra-slow group velocities. We show that a strong cross-beam coupling occurs between the two modes of the probe wave. In the adiabatic limit and under appropriate con ...
46. Quantum Key Distribution With 1.25 Gbps Clock Synchronization
Joshua C Bienfang, Alex J Gross, Alan Mink, Barry J. Hershman, Anastase Nakassis, Xiao Tang, David H Su, Charles W Clark, Carl J Williams, Edward W Hagley, J Wen, R Lu
47. Quantum key distribution with 1.25 Gbps clock synchronization
Joshua C Bienfang, Alex J Gross, A Mink, B J Hershman, A Nakassis, X Tang, R Lu, D R Su, Charles W Clark, Carl J Williams, Edward W Hagley, J Wen
48. Reply to ,Comment on ,Electromagnetic Wave Dynamics in Matter-Wave Superradiant ScatteringŠ by Wolfgang Ketterle
Lu Deng, Edward W Hagley, Marvin G. Payne
The comment by W. Ketterle  purports having a viable model of superradiance. However, Ref.  admits not being able to explain the red/blue pump detuning asymmetry in matter-wave superradiance that was first observed recently by us . It is cle ...
49. SURF III: A flexible Synchrotron Radiation Source for Radiometry and Research
Uwe Arp, Charles W Clark, Lu Deng, Nadir S. Faradzhev, Alex P. Farrell, Mitchell L. Furst, Steven E Grantham, Edward W Hagley, Shannon Bradley Hill, Thomas B Lucatorto, Ping-Shine Shaw, Charles S Tarrio, Robert Edward Vest
The calculability of synchrotron radiation (SR) makes electron storage rings wonderful light sources for radiometry. The broadband nature of SR allows coverage of the whole spectral region from the x-ray to the far-infrared. Compact low-energy storag ...
50. Suppression of Directional Light-Wave Mixing in Normal and Quantum Gases
Lu Deng, Chengjie Zhu, Edward W Hagley, W R Garrett
We discuss nonlinear optical processes in the presence of quantum gases. We show that in contrast
to a normal gas where the medium ,passivelyŠ participates in nonlinear optical processes,
quantum gases ,activelyŠ interact with the wave mixing proce ...