You searched on: Author: edward hagley Sorted by: title
Displaying records 21 to 30 of 39 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
21. Imaging the Phase of an Evolving Bose-Einstein Condensate Wave Function
J E Simsarian, J Denschlag, M Edwards, Charles W Clark, Lu Deng, Edward W Hagley, Kristian Helmerson, S L. Rolston, William D Phillips
We demonstrate a spatially resolved autocorrelation measurement with a Bose-Einstein condensate (BEC) and measure the evolution of the spatial profile of its quantum mechanical phase. After releasing the BEC from the magnetic trap, the phase develop ...
22. Impact of photo-assisted collisions on superradiant light scattering with Bose-condensates
Lu Deng, Xinyu Luo, Edward W Hagley, Ruquan Wang
We present experimental evidence supporting the postulation that the secondary effects of light assisted collisions are the main reason that the superradiant light scattering efficiency in condensates is asymmetric with respect to the sign of the pum ...
23. Light-Wave Mixing in Quantum Gases
Lu Deng, Edward W Hagley, R Q. Wang, Charles W Clark
Ninety-five years after Einstein‰s theoretical prediction, we are surrounded in our daily lives
by its practical applications. For example, multi-channel telecommunication lasers and even the
commonly-used green laser pointers that cost just a fe ...
24. Matter-wave self-imaging in non-Raman-Nath regime pulsed standing optical wave
Ke Li, Lu Deng, Edward W Hagley, M.S. Zhan, M Payne
We demonstrate matter-wave self-imaging in a stationary light field in the non-Raman-Nath limit. We show that in a non-instantaneous pulsed standing wave grating significant contributions due to the non-negligible atomic center of mass motion and ins ...
25. Measurement of the Coherence of a Bose-Einstein Condensate
Edward W Hagley, Lu Deng, M M Kozuma, M Trippenbach, Y B Band, M Edwards, M R Doery, Paul S Julienne, Kristian Helmerson, S L. Rolston, William D Phillips
We study the coherence properties of a Bose-Einstein condensates using an interference technique. Two 100 ns optical standing wave pulses are applied to a condensate with a variable time delay between them. Each standing wave phase grating makes sm ...
26. Observation of the red-blue detuning asymmetry in matter-wave superradiance
Lu Deng, Edward W Hagley, Qiang Cao, Xiaorui Wang, Xinyu Luo, Ruquan Wang, Fan Yang, Xiaoji Zhou, Xuzong Chen, M. G. Payne, Mingsheng Zhan
We show the first experimental observations of matter-wave superradiance using blue-detuned
light, and demonstrate a pump-laser detuning asymmetry in the collective atomic recoil motion. In
contrast to all previous theoretical treatments, which pre ...
27. Optical group velocity reduction in sodium without electromagnetically induced transparency
Lu Deng, Edward W Hagley, M M Kozuma, M G Payne
28. Optical ,CloakingŠ Using Alternate Raman Gain and Free-Space Media in the
Presence of Spatially-Distributed Pump Fields
Chengjie Zhu, Lu Deng, Edward W Hagley, Mo-Lin Ge
We discuss an optical ,cloakingŠ scheme using three three-level active Raman gain systems in
tandem in the presence of a spatially distributed pump field. Using eikonal approximation we first
derive the analytical expression of the deflection angle ...
29. Polarization selective Kerr phase shift method for photonic quantum controlled-NOT and polarization gates
C. J. Zhu, Lu Deng, Edward W Hagley
We propose a photonic CNOT gate and a polarization gate using a polarization-selective-kerrphase-
shift scheme. Using the demonstrated continuous Kerr phase shifting technique we selectively
write a π phase shift to one of the circularly polar ...
30. Propagation Dynamics of a Temporally, Amplitude- and Group-Velocity-Matched Two-Mode Ultraslow Wave in a Three-Level Lamda System
Lu Deng, M Payne, Edward W Hagley
We investigate the propagation dynamics of a two-mode probe field traveling with ultra-slow group velocities. We show that a strong cross-beam coupling occurs between the two modes of the probe wave. In the adiabatic limit and under appropriate con ...