You searched on: Author: james filliben Sorted by: date
Displaying records 1 to 10 of 94 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. Prediction of Sealant Modulus Change due to Outdoor Weathering
Christopher C White, Kar T. Tan, Donald Lee Hunston, Adam L Pintar, James J Filliben
An empirically-based model has been created to predict the change in modulus for a sealant exposed to outdoor weathering. The underlying high precision data supporting this model was obtained using the NIST SPHERE (Simulated Photo degradation by Hi ...
2. Assessing Effects of Asymmetries, Dynamics, and Failures on a Cloud Simulator
Technical Note (NIST TN)
Kevin L Mills, James J Filliben, Christopher E Dabrowski
We characterize the effects of asymmetries, dynamics, and failures when introduced into a cloud computing simulator, which had previously been characterized under static, homogeneous configurations with various patterns of demand and supply. We aim t ...
3. Evaluation of Low-Contrast Detectability of Iterative Reconstruction across Multiple Institutions, CT Scanner Manufacturers, and Radiation Exposure Levels
Adele P Peskin, Ganesh Saiprasad, James J Filliben, Alden A Dima
Purpose: To evaluate the impact of Iterative Reconstruction (IR) compared with Filtered Back Projection (FBP) using low-contrast objects in phantom images across vendors and exposure levels.
Materials and Methods: Randomized repeat scans of the Gamm ...
4. An Improved Index of Image Quality for Task-Based Performance of CT Iterative Reconstruction across
Three Commercial Implementations
Olav Christianson, Joseph Chen, Zhitong Yang, Ganesh Saiprasad, Alden A Dima, James J Filliben, Adele P Peskin, Eliot L Siegel, Ehsan Samei
5. Energy Performance Sensitivity of a Net-Zero Energy Home to Design and Use Specifications
Joshua D Kneifel, William M Healy, James J Filliben, Matthew T Boyd
6. Effective and Scalable Uncertainty Evaluation for Large-Scale Complex System Applications
Kevin L Mills, James J Filliben, Junfei Xie, Yan Wan, Yi Zhou, Yu Lei
Effective uncertainty evaluation is a critical step toward real-time and robust decision-making for complex systems in uncertain environments. A Multivariate Probabilistic Collocation Method (M-PCM) was developed to effectively evaluate system uncert ...
7. A Design-of-Experiments Approach to FEM Uncertainty Analysis for Optimizing Magnetic Resonance Imaging RF Coil Design
Jeffrey T Fong, Nathanael A Heckert, James J Filliben, Li Ma, Karl F Stupic, Kathryn E Keenan, Stephen E Russek
Using the RF module of COMSOL, we compute the magnetic flux density norm (BN) profiles for frequencies in the 76 to 100 MHz range, inside of a prototype birdcage coil, courtesy of Japan's National Institute of Radiological Sciences (NIRS), loaded wit ...
8. Determining Relative Importance and Best Settings for Genetic Algorithm Control Parameters
Kevin L Mills, James J Filliben, Andrea Haines
We intend to use a classic genetic algorithm (GA) to steer a population of cloud-computing simulators into behavioral directions that reveal degraded performance and system collapse. Such a method could serve as a design tool, empowering system engin ...
9. Generalizing Face Quality and Factor Measures to Video
Yooyoung Lee, P Jonathon Phillips, James J Filliben, J. Ross Beveridge, Hao H. Zhang
Methods for assessing the impact of factors and image-quality metrics for still face images are well-understood. The extension of these factors and quality measures to faces in video has not, however, been explored. We present a specific methodology ...
10. A New Approach to Finding a Risk-Informed Safety Factor for ,Fail-SafeŠ Pressure Vessel and Piping Design
Jeffrey T Fong, Nathanael A Heckert, James J Filliben, Pedro Vincente Marcal, Stephen W. Freiman
The purpose of this paper is to present a new approach to finding a risk-informed safety factor for the "fail-safe" design of a high-consequence engineering system. The new approach is based on the assumption of a 99.99 % confidence level and a 99.9 ...