You searched on: Author: james filliben
Displaying records 51 to 60 of 92 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
51. Design of Experiments Approach to Verification and Uncertainty Estimation of Simulations based on Finite Element Method
Jeffrey T Fong, James J Filliben, Nathanael A Heckert, Roland deWit
A fundamental mathematical modeling and computational tool in engineering and applied sciences is the finite element method (FEM). The formulation of every such problem begins with the building of a mathematical model with carefully chosen simp ...
52. On tuning the design of an evolutionary algorithm for machining optimization problem
Jean-Louis Vigouroux, Sebti Foufou, Laurent Deshayes, James J Filliben, Lawrence A Welsch, M Alkan Donmez
In this paper, a methodology for tuning the design of an evolutionary algorithm (EA) is presented. An EA for solving machining optimization probfems having highly non-linear constraints and uncertainties is studied. A conventional turning optimizatio ...
53. Development of the NIST Rocky Flats Soil Standard
Svetlana Nour, James J Filliben, Kenneth G. Inn
The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Rocky Flats Soil-II Standard
Reference Material (SRM) is being certified through a statistical analysis of results from an
interlaboratory comparison of 14 laboratories from 4 countries. ...
54. Verification of a Gas Mask Calibrant
NIST Interagency/Internal Report (NISTIR)
Robert A Fletcher, Jiann C Yang, George William Mulholland, R Lance King, Michael R Winchester, D Klinedinst, Jennifer R Verkouteren, Thomas George Cleary, David Buckingham, James J Filliben
55. Stochastic Finite Element Method (FEM) Design of Experiments for Pressure Vessel and Piping (PVP) Decision Making.
Jeffrey T Fong, James J Filliben, Roland deWit, Richard Joel Fields, Barry Bernstein
56. The Limits of Image-Based Optical Metrology
Richard M Silver, Bryan M Barnes, Ravikiran Attota, Jay Shi Jun, James J Filliben, Juan Soto, Michael T. Stocker, P Lipscomb, Egon Marx, Heather J Patrick, Ronald G Dixson, Robert D. Larrabee
An overview of the challenges encountered in imaging device-sized features using optical techniques recently developed in our laboratories is presented in this paper. We have developed a set of techniques we refer to as scatterfield microscopy ...
57. Uncertainty in Finite Element Modeling and Failure Analysis: A Metrology-based Approach
Jeffrey T Fong, James J Filliben, Roland deWit, Richard Joel Fields, Barry Bernstein, Pedro Vincente Marcal
In this paper, we first review the impact of the powerful finite element method (FEM) in structural engineering, and then address the shortcomings of FEM as a tool for risk-based decision making and incomplete-data-based failure analysis. To illustra ...
58. Significant Parameters in the Optimization of MALDI-TOF-MS for Synthetic Polymers
S Wetzel, Kathleen M. Flynn, James J Filliben
One of the most significant issues in any analytical practice is optimization. Optimization and calibration are key factors in quantitation. In matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry (MALDI-TOFMS), one of the l ...
59. High Throughput Measurement of Peel of a Pressure Sensitive Adhesive
P M McGuiggan, James J Filliben
The peel force of a pressure sensitive adhesive (PSA) tape is measured on a surface that varied linearly in temperature. As the tape is peeled from the surface, the adhesive is peeled from a surface at a different temperature. The temperature can b ...
60. Statistical Approaches in the NIST World Trade Center Analysis
James J Filliben
The Federal Building and Fire Safety Investigation of the World Trade Center Disaster is currently essentially completed. The pre-collapse progression was extremely complicated, with structural, thermal, dynamic and stochastic interdependencies acro ...