You searched on:
Author: james filliben
Displaying records 41 to 50 of 80 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
41. Verification of a Gas Mask Calibrant
NIST Interagency/Internal Report (NISTIR)
Robert A Fletcher, Jiann C Yang, George William Mulholland, R Lance King, Michael R Winchester, D Klinedinst, Jennifer R Verkouteren, Thomas George Cleary, David Buckingham, James J Filliben
42. Stochastic Finite Element Method (FEM) Design of Experiments for Pressure Vessel and Piping (PVP) Decision Making.
Jeffrey T Fong, James J Filliben, Roland deWit, Richard Joel Fields, Barry Bernstein
43. The Limits of Image-Based Optical Metrology
Richard M Silver, Bryan M Barnes, Ravikiran Attota, Jay Shi Jun, James J Filliben, Juan Soto, Michael T. Stocker, P Lipscomb, Egon Marx, Heather J Patrick, Ronald G Dixson, Robert D. Larrabee
An overview of the challenges encountered in imaging device-sized features using optical techniques recently developed in our laboratories is presented in this paper. We have developed a set of techniques we refer to as scatterfield microscopy ...
44. Uncertainty in Finite Element Modeling and Failure Analysis: A Metrology-based Approach
Jeffrey T Fong, James J Filliben, Roland deWit, Richard Joel Fields, Barry Bernstein, Pedro Vincente Marcal
In this paper, we first review the impact of the powerful finite element method (FEM) in structural engineering, and then address the shortcomings of FEM as a tool for risk-based decision making and incomplete-data-based failure analysis. To illustra ...
45. Significant Parameters in the Optimization of MALDI-TOF-MS for Synthetic Polymers
S Wetzel, Kathleen M. Flynn, James J Filliben
One of the most significant issues in any analytical practice is optimization. Optimization and calibration are key factors in quantitation. In matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry (MALDI-TOFMS), one of the l ...
46. High Throughput Measurement of Peel of a Pressure Sensitive Adhesive
P M McGuiggan, James J Filliben
The peel force of a pressure sensitive adhesive (PSA) tape is measured on a surface that varied linearly in temperature. As the tape is peeled from the surface, the adhesive is peeled from a surface at a different temperature. The temperature can b ...
47. Statistical Approaches in the NIST World Trade Center Analysis
James J Filliben
The Federal Building and Fire Safety Investigation of the World Trade Center Disaster is currently essentially completed. The pre-collapse progression was extremely complicated, with structural, thermal, dynamic and stochastic interdependencies acro ...
48. Fire Tests of Single Office Workstations. Federal Building and Fire Safety Investigation of the World Trade Center Disaster (NIST NCSTAR 1-5C) ***DRAFT for Public Comments***
National Construction Safety Team Act Reports (NIST NCSTAR)
Thomas J. Ohlemiller, George William Mulholland, Skandakumar Harshanath Nirendra Abeyesekere, James J Filliben, Richard George Gann
Reconstruction of the fires that occurred in the World Trade Center (WTC) 1, 2, and 7 on September 11. 2001, relied heavily on computer simulations because examination of the post-fire premises was not possible and the information from eyewitness acc ...
49. Collaborative Thermal Conductivity Measurements of Fibrous Glass and Expanded Polystyrene Reference Materials
Robert R Zarr, James J Filliben
Thermal conductivity measurements of four thermal insulation reference materials are presented. The measurements were obtained from an international collaborative test program of guarded-hot-plate laboratories from Canada, France, Japan, United King ...
50. Hurricane Damage Prediction Model for Residential Structures
Emil Simiu, J P Pinelli, C Subramanian, L. Zhang, A Cope, K Gurley, James J Filliben, S Hamid
This paper reports progress in the development of a practical probabilistic model for the estimation of expected annual damage induced by hurricane winds in residential structures. The estimation of the damage is accomplished in several steps. Firs ...