You searched on:
Author: michael fasolka
Sorted by: date
Displaying records 1 to 10 of 70 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. Measurements, Standards, and Data In Support of Sustainable Materials and Materials-Related Technologies
Dianne L Poster, Michael J Fasolka, Richard R Cavanagh, Ellyn S. Beary
Industry is increasingly aware that sustainability combines environmental, societal, and economic considerations in product development and that this linkage, while driving improved performance, can pose both a business opportunity and a challenge. ...
2. A Robust and High-Throughput Measurement Platform for Monomer Reactivity Ratios from Surface-Initiated Polymerization
Kirt Anthony Page, Derek Patton, Emily Hoff, Michael J Fasolka, Kathryn L Beers
This article describes a robust approach to measure monomer reactivity ratios from surface-initiated copolymerization, by measuring composition of statistical copolymer brush surfaces using x-ray photoelectron spectroscopy. Statistical copolymer br ...
3. Manipulating Morphology and Orientation in Thermally-Responsive
Block Copolymer Thin Films
Jennifer Y. Kelly, Julie N. L. Albert, John A. (John A) Howarter, Christopher M Stafford, Thomas H Epps, Michael J Fasolka
4. Investigation of Thermally Responsive Block Copolymer Thin Film Morphology using Gradient Libraries
Jennifer Y. Kelly, Christopher M Stafford, Michael J Fasolka, Thomas H Epps, John A. (John A) Howarter, Shuhui Kang, Julie N. L. Albert
5. Quantitative Subsurface Contact Resonance Force Microscopy of Model Polymer Nanocomposites
Jason Philip Killgore, Jennifer Y. Kelly, Christopher M Stafford, Michael J Fasolka, Donna C Hurley
We present experimental results on the use of quantitative contact resonance force microscopy (CR-FM) for mapping the planar location and depth of 50 nm silica nanoparticles buried beneath polystyrene films 30 nm to 165 nm thick. The presence of sha ...
6. Gradient Solvent Vapor Annealing of Block Copolymer Thin Films Using a Microfluidic Mixing Device
Kathryn L Beers, Michael J Fasolka, Julie N. L. Albert, Timothy D. Bogart, Ronald L. Lewis, J. Brian Hutchison, Bryan D. Vogt, Thomas H Epps
Solvent vapor annealing (SVA) with solvent mixtures is a promising approach for controlling block copolymer thin film self-assembly. In this work, we present the design and fabrication of a solvent-resistant microfluidic mixing device to produce dis ...
7. Investigation of Thermally Responsive Block Copolymer Thin Film Morphologies Using Surface Gradients
Jennifer Y. Kelly, Julie N. L. Albert, John A. (John A) Howarter, Shuhui Kang, Christopher M Stafford, Thomas H Epps, Michael J Fasolka
We report the use of a gradient library approach to characterize the structure and behavior of thin films of a thermally-responsive block copolymer (BCP), poly(styrene-b-tert-butyl acrylate), that exhibits chemical deprotection and morphological chan ...
8. Gradient and Microfluidic Library Approaches to Polymer Interfaces
Michael J Fasolka, Christopher M Stafford, Kathryn L Beers
We present and overview of research conducted at the National Institute of Standards and Technology aimed at developing combinatorial and high throughput measurement approaches to polymer surfaces, interfaces and thin films. Topics include, 1) the g ...
9. Quantifying Residual Stress in Nanoscale Thin Polymer Films via Surface Wrinkling
Jun Y. Chung, Thomas Q. Chastek, Michael J Fasolka, Hyun Wook Ro, Christopher M Stafford
Residual stress, a pervasive consequence of solid materials processing, is stress that remains in a
material after external forces have been removed. In polymeric materials, residual stress results from processes, such as film formation, that force ...
10. Living Anionic Polymerization Using a Microfluidic Reactor
Thomas Q. Chastek, Kazunori Iida, Eric J. Amis, Michael J Fasolka, Kathryn L Beers, Jae H. Chun
Living anionic polymerizations were conducted within aluminum-polyimide microfluidic devices. Polymerizations of styrene in cyclohexane were carried out at various conditions, including elevated temperature (60 °C) and high monomer concentration (42 ...