You searched on:
Author: joannie chin
Sorted by: title
Displaying records 41 to 50 of 58 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
41. Reciprocity Law Experiments in Polymeric Photodegradation: A Critical Review
Jonathan W. Martin, Joannie W Chin, Tinh Nguyen
celerating the photodegradation of polymeric materials is of great interest in weathering research. One way of achieving acceleration is by exposing polymeric materials to a high radiant flux, but questions have arisen as to whether high radiant fl ...
42. Report of the Ultraviolet (UV) Subpanel
Joannie W Chin
This manuscript is one of 7 sections in a report on the environmental durability of fiber-reinforced composite materials to be published and distributed by the Civil Engineering Research Foundation.
43. Roadmap for Developing Measurement Science for Predicting the Service Life of Polymers Used in Photovoltaic (PV) Systems
NIST Interagency/Internal Report (NISTIR)
Xiaohong Gu, Joannie W Chin
44. Role of Interfacial Water in the Adhesion Loss of Polymer/Substrate Systems and Composites
Tinh Nguyen, Joannie W Chin, E Byrd, David Alshed, Cyril Clerici, Jonathan W. Martin
Water at the polymer/substrate interface in coatings, adhesives, and fiber-reinforced polymer composites is often the main cause of adhesion loss in these systems. Using experimental data measured in this study, we critically assess the role of inter ...
45. Role of Nanoparticles in Life Cycle of Nanocomposites
Xiaohong Gu, Guodong Chen, Minhua Zhao, Stephanie S Watson, Paul E Stutzman, Tinh Nguyen, Joannie W Chin, Jonathan W. Martin
The objective of this study is to investigate the role of ZnO nanoparticles in the life cycle of a waterborne polyurethane (PU) nanocomposite during UV exposure. The effects of loadings and sizes of ZnO nanoparticles on photodegradation of ZnO/PU fil ...
46. Role of Particle/Polymer Interphase in Long-Term Performance of Nanofilled Polymeric Coatings
Xiaohong Gu, Guodong Chen, Minhua Zhao, Stephanie S Watson, Tinh Nguyen, Joannie W Chin, Jonathan W. Martin
47. Sorption and Diffusion of Water, Salt Water and Concrete Pore Solution in Composite Matrices
Joannie W Chin, Tinh Nguyen, K Aouadi
In recent years, the use of fiber-reinforced polymer composites in civil infrastructure has been promoted as a solution to the deterioration of bridges, buildings, and other structures composed of traditional materials, such as steel, concrete, and ...
48. Studying Long-term Performance of a Nano-ZnO filled Waterborne Polyurethane Coating using Spectroscopies and Microscopies
Xiaohong Gu, Dongmei Zhe, Stephanie S Watson, Guodong Chen, Minhua Zhao, Paul E Stutzman, Deborah L Stanley, Tinh Nguyen, Joannie W Chin, Jonathan W. Martin
Although inorganic UV absorbers such as zinc oxide (ZnO) and cerium oxide (CeO2) exhibit numerous advantages compared to organic UV absorbers, the mechanisms of how these nanoparticles affect the long-term performance of polymeric coatings are less t ...
49. Temperature Effects on Fatigue of Polymer Composites
Hai C. Tang, Tinh Nguyen, Tze J Chuang, Joannie W Chin, Hanchang F Wu, J Lesko
Fiber-reinforced polymeric composites provide lightweight, high strength, and corrosive resistance to severe environmental exposures. These composites have been extensively used in aerospace and military application over the last three decades an ...
50. Thermo-viscoelastic Analysis and Creep Testing of Ambient Cure Epoxy Adhesives
Used in Construction Applications
Joannie W Chin, Donald Lee Hunston, Aaron M Forster, Justin M Ocel, Jean Michel Hartmann, Paul Fuchs
Epoxies are increasingly used in construction for structural applications and properties such as creep are very important. For this reason, the thermo-viscoelastic properties and creep response of two commercial, ambient cure structural epoxy adhesi ...