You searched on:
Author: joannie chin
Sorted by: title
Displaying records 31 to 40 of 52 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
31. Integrating Sphere Sources for UV Exposure: A Novel Approach to the Artificial UV Weathering of Coatings, Plastics and Composites .
Joannie W Chin, Walter Eric Byrd, E Embree, Jonathan W. (Jonathan W.) Martin
32. Long-Term Performance of Nano-Filled Polymeric Materials: Effect of ZnO Nanoparticles on Photodegradation of a Waterborne Polyurethane Coating
Xiaohong Gu, Dongmei Zhe, Minhua Zhao, Guodong Chen, Nhieu Ly, Paul E Stutzman, Li Piin Sung, Tinh Nguyen, Joannie W Chin
Polymers are widely used as exterior coatings in buildings, bridges, aircrafts and automobiles for both protection and aesthetic purposes. However, the service life of the applied coatings is limited due to the photodegradation of polymers induced by ...
33. NCO-Functionalized Nanoclays for Polyurethane Composite Coatings
Bastien T. Pellegrin, Xiaohong Gu, Joannie W Chin, Tinh Nguyen
34. NIST Sustainable Infrastructure Material Program
Jonathan W. (Jonathan W.) Martin, Xiaohong Gu, Tinh Nguyen, Joannie W Chin
NIST has initiated a research program for improving the quality of the data input for making economic sustainability assessments of polymeric infrastructure materials through improvements in the measurement science for this data. Sustainability asses ...
35. Network Aggregation of CNTs at the Surface of Epoxy/MWCNT Composite Exposed to UV Radiation
Tinh Nguyen, Bastien T. Pellegrin, Alexander J. Shapiro, Xiaohong Gu, Joannie W Chin
Carbon nanotubes (CNTs) are increasingly incorporated in polymers to enhance their mechanical and electrical properties. However, organic polymers are prone to degrade when exposed to UV radiation. Therefore, CNTs in a polymer nanocomposite could ev ...
36. Protective performance of environmentally stressed fabrics containing melamine fiber blends
Shonali Nazare, Shaun M. Flynn, Rick D Davis, Joannie W Chin
In this study, environmentally stressed OS fabrics containing melamine fiber blends were evaluated for thermal and mechanical properties that are critical to the protective performance of firefighter turnout gear. Environmental stress factors that a ...
37. Reciprocity Law Experiments in Polymeric Photodegradation: A Critical Review
Jonathan W. (Jonathan W.) Martin, Joannie W Chin, Tinh Nguyen
celerating the photodegradation of polymeric materials is of great interest in weathering research. One way of achieving acceleration is by exposing polymeric materials to a high radiant flux, but questions have arisen as to whether high radiant fl ...
38. Report of the Ultraviolet (UV) Subpanel
Joannie W Chin
This manuscript is one of 7 sections in a report on the environmental durability of fiber-reinforced composite materials to be published and distributed by the Civil Engineering Research Foundation.
39. Role of Interfacial Water in the Adhesion Loss of Polymer/Substrate Systems and Composites
Tinh Nguyen, Joannie W Chin, E Byrd, David Alshed, Cyril Clerici, Jonathan W. (Jonathan W.) Martin
Water at the polymer/substrate interface in coatings, adhesives, and fiber-reinforced polymer composites is often the main cause of adhesion loss in these systems. Using experimental data measured in this study, we critically assess the role of inter ...
40. Role of Nanoparticles in Life Cycle of Nanocomposites
Xiaohong Gu, Guodong Chen, Minhua Zhao, Stephanie S Watson, Paul E Stutzman, Tinh Nguyen, Joannie W Chin, Jonathan W. (Jonathan W.) Martin
The objective of this study is to investigate the role of ZnO nanoparticles in the life cycle of a waterborne polyurethane (PU) nanocomposite during UV exposure. The effects of loadings and sizes of ZnO nanoparticles on photodegradation of ZnO/PU fil ...