You searched on:
Author: minhua zhao
Sorted by: title
Displaying records 1 to 7.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. Development of quantitative electric force microscopy for surface and subsurface characterization of nanostructures in polymeric coatings
2. Long-Term Performance of Nano-Filled Polymeric Materials: Effect of ZnO Nanoparticles on Photodegradation of a Waterborne Polyurethane Coating
Xiaohong Gu, Dongmei Zhe, Minhua Zhao, Guodong Chen, Nhieu Ly, Paul E Stutzman, Li Piin Sung, Tinh T. Nguyen, Joannie W Chin
Polymers are widely used as exterior coatings in buildings, bridges, aircrafts and automobiles for both protection and aesthetic purposes. However, the service life of the applied coatings is limited due to the photodegradation of polymers induced by ...
3. Role of Nanoparticles in Life Cycle of Nanocomposites
Xiaohong Gu, Guodong Chen, Minhua Zhao, Stephanie S Watson, Paul E Stutzman, Tinh T. Nguyen, Joannie W Chin, Jonathan W. (Jonathan W.) Martin
The objective of this study is to investigate the role of ZnO nanoparticles in the life cycle of a waterborne polyurethane (PU) nanocomposite during UV exposure. The effects of loadings and sizes of ZnO nanoparticles on photodegradation of ZnO/PU fil ...
4. Studying Long-term Performance of a Nano-ZnO filled Waterborne Polyurethane Coating using Spectroscopies and Microscopies
Xiaohong Gu, Dongmei Zhe, Stephanie S Watson, Guodong Chen, Minhua Zhao, Paul E Stutzman, Deborah L Stanley, Tinh T. Nguyen, Joannie W Chin, Jonathan W. (Jonathan W.) Martin
Although inorganic UV absorbers such as zinc oxide (ZnO) and cerium oxide (CeO2) exhibit numerous advantages compared to organic UV absorbers, the mechanisms of how these nanoparticles affect the long-term performance of polymeric coatings are less t ...
5. Subsurface Characterization of Carbon Nanotubes in Polymer Composites via Quantitative Electric Force Microscopy
Minhua Zhao, Xiaohong Gu, Sharon E. Lowther, Cheol Park, Jerry Jean, Tinh T. Nguyen
In this study, quantitative Electric Force Microscopy (EFM) characterization of CNTs dispersed in free-standing polymer composite films is pursued. The effect of experimental parameters including humidity conditions, EFM probe geometry, tip-sample ...
6. Subsurface mapping of nanofiller dispersion in polymeric coatings by quantitative electric force microscopy
Minhua Zhao, Juntao Wu, Bastien T. Pellegrin, Xiaohong Gu, Tinh T. Nguyen
7. The Effects of Humidity and Surface Free Energy on Adhesion Force
between AFM Tip and a Silane Self-Assembled Monolayer Film
Chien-Chao Huang, Lijiang Chen, , Xiaohong Gu, Minhua Zhao, Tinh T. Nguyen, Sanboh Lee
The relationship between AFM probe-sample adhesion force and relative humidity (RH) at five different levels of surface free energy (γs) of an organic self-assembled monolayer (SAM) has been investigated. Different γs levels were achieved b ...