You searched on: Author: clarence zarobila Sorted by: date
Displaying records 1 to 5.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. Chapter 10: Color and Appearance
Maria E Nadal, Clarence Joseph Zarobila
This chapter will cover the topic of color and appearance measurements. These measurements essentially constitute a specific example of the measurements described in previous chapters; except that they are performed in the specific wavelength range ...
2. The NIST Robotic Optical Scatter Instrument (ROSI) and its Application to BRDF Measurements of Diffuse Reflectance Standards for Remote Sensing
Heather J Patrick, Clarence Joseph Zarobila, Thomas Avery Germer
We describe the robotic optical scatter instrument (ROSI), a new robotic arm-based goniometer for in-plane and out-of-plane reflectance and bidirectional reflectance distribution function (BRDF) measurements of surfaces. The goniometer enables BRDF ...
3. Tunable Supercontinuum Fiber Laser Source for BRDF Measurements in the STARR II Gonioreflectometer
Heather J Patrick, Clarence Joseph Zarobila, Thomas Avery Germer, Victor Alan Ying, Catherine C Cooksey, Benjamin K Tsai
STARR II is a planned NIST facility for spectral measurements of specular reflectance and diffuse bidirectional reflectance distribution function (BRDF) that is the follow-on to the current NIST STARR (Spectral Tri-function Automated Reference Reflec ...
4. Reflectance Factor Measurement Complications Due to Near Infrared Fluorescence
Maria E Nadal, Carl C Miller, Clarence Joseph Zarobila
The researchers at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) have found that the widely used orange and red color tiles unexpectedly exhibit near infrared fluorescence. An analysis of the effect this fluorescence component has on the ...
5. Supercontinuum fiber laser source for reflectance calibrations in remote sensing
Clarence Joseph Zarobila, Heather J Patrick
The Optical Technology Division of the NIST provides reference measurements of specular and diffuse reflectance of materials, including measurements that provide traceability for diffuser plaques that are used as onboard calibration standards in remo ...