You searched on:
Author: james yen
Sorted by: title
Displaying records 1 to 10 of 42 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. An Approach to Combining Results From Multiple Methods Motivated by the ISO GUM
Journal of Research (NIST JRES)
M Levenson, D L. Banks, K Eberhardt, L M. Gill, William F Guthrie, Hung-Kung Liu, M Vangel, James H Yen, Nien F Zhang
The problem of determining a consensus value and its uncertainty from the results of multiple methods or laboratories is discussed. Desirable criteria of a solution are presented. A solution based on the ISO Guide to the Expression of Uncertainty i ...
2. An Estimate of Effect Size Based on the Mann-Whitney Statistic
James H Yen
Meta analysis, the statistical synthesis of results from several different studies, often involves combining estimates of effect sizefrom several experiments. The standardized mean difference is one of the most commonly used estimates of effect size; ...
3. Calcium Phosphate Cement With Non-Rigidity and Strength Durability for Periodontal Bone Repair
Hockin D. Xu, Shozo Takagi, Limin Sun, L A Hussain, Laurence Chung Lung Chow, William F Guthrie, James H Yen
Background. The need for biomaterials to treat periodontal osseous defects has increased as the world population ages. The objective of the present study was to develop a self-hardening, resorbable, and mech/anically strong calcium phosphate cement ...
4. Certification of Standard Reference Materials for Bitter Orange
Lane C Sander, K. Putzbach, Bryant C Nelson, Catherine A Rimmer, Mary Bedner, Jeanice M Brown Thomas, Barbara J. Porter, Laura J Wood, Michele M Schantz, Karen E Murphy, Katherine E Sharpless, Stephen A Wise, James H Yen, P. H. Siitonen, R. I. Evans, A. NguyenPho, M. C. Roman, J. M. Betz
5. Characterization of NIST Food-Matrix Standard Reference Materials for their Vitamin C Content
Jeanice M Brown Thomas, James H Yen, Katherine E Sharpless
The vitamin C concentrations in three food-matrix Standard Reference Materials (SRMs) from the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) have been determined by liquid chromatography (LC) with absorbance detection. These materials (SRM 1 ...
6. Characterization of Three Berry Standard Reference Materials for Nutrients
Laura J Wood, Katherine E Sharpless, Monique Pichon, Barbara J. Porter, James H Yen
The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) has been working with the National Institutes of Health Office of Dietary Supplements to produce Standard Reference Materials (SRMs) of interest to analysts of dietary supplements. Some of th ...
7. Characterization of a Suite of Ginkgo-Containing Standard Reference Materials
Catherine A Rimmer, S. Howerton, Katherine E Sharpless, Lane C Sander, Stephen E Long, Karen E Murphy, Barbara J. Porter, K. Putzbach, M. S. Rearick, Stephen A Wise, Laura J Wood, Rolf Louis Zeisler, Diane K. Hancock, James H Yen, J. M. Betz, A. NguyenPho, L. Yang, C. Scriver, S. N Willie, R. Sturgeon, B. Schaneberg, C. Nelson, J. Skamarack, M. Pan, L. Kerri, D. Gray, E. H. Waysek, A. Blatter, E. Reich
8. Comparison of interpretability of 1080p30 and 720p60 motion imagery: trade-offs in resolution and frame rate
Charles D. Fenimore, James H Yen, John W. Roberts, Hassan A. Sahibzada
We have conducted an evaluation comparing the interpretability potential of two standardized HD formats, 1080p30 and 720p60. Despite the lack of an existing motion image (MI) quality scale akin to the NIIRS scale, we have exploited previous work on ...
9. Determination of Caffeine, and Caffeine-Related Metabolites in Ephedra-Containing Standard Reference Materials Using Liquid Chromatography With Absorbance Detection and Tandem Mass Spectrometry
Jeanice M Brown Thomas, Katherine E Sharpless, S. Mitvalsky, Mark Roman, James H Yen, Mary B Satterfield
The concentration of caffeine and caffeine-related compounds in two ephedra-containing reference materials have been determined by three independent methods with measurements performed by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and ...
10. Determination of Ephedrine Alkaloids in Dietary Supplement Standard Reference Materials
Lane C Sander, Katherine E Sharpless, Mary B Satterfield, T. Ihara, Karen W Phinney, Barbara J. Porter, James H Yen, Stephen A Wise, M. L. Gay, J. W. Lam, M. McCooeye, G. Gardner, C. Fraser, R. Sturgeon, M. C. Roman