You searched on:
Author: winnie wong-ng
Sorted by: date
Displaying records 1 to 10 of 154 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. Investigation of NaY Zeolite with Adsorbed CO2 by Neutron Powder Diffraction
Winnie K Wong-Ng, James A. Kaduk, Qingzhen Huang, Laura Espinal, Lan (Lan) Li, Jacob W Burress
The crystal structure of dehydrated NaY zeolite (Na-FAU structure type) with and without adsorbed CO2 has been determined at 4K and at room temperature (RT) using neutron powder diffraction techniques. The CO2-containing sample was prepared at -78 °C ...
2. Flexible Metal Organic Framework Compound, Ni(1,2-bis(4-pyridyl)ethylene)[Ni(CN)4]n, for CO2 Sorption Applications
Winnie K Wong-Ng, Jeffrey T Culp, Yu Sheng Chen, Laura Espinal, Andrew John Allen, Daniel W Siderius, Craig M Brown, Wendy Queen, Peter Zavalij, Christopher Matranga
New sorbent materials are required for carbon capture because coal-fired electrical power plants, the largest emitters of this greenhouse gas, will continue to produce much of our nation’s electricity for at least several decades. Within the family o ...
3. Improved Synthesis and Crystal Structure of the Flexible Pillared Layer Porous Coordination Polymer: Ni(1,2-bis(4-pyridyl)ethylene)[Ni(CN)4]
Winnie K Wong-Ng, Jeffrey T Culp, Yu Sheng Chen, Peter Zavalij, Laura Espinal, Daniel W Siderius, Andrew John Allen, Steve Scheins, Christopher Matranga
A new method of synthesis was developed for the flexible coordination polymer Ni(L)[Ni(CN)4], L=1,2-bis(4-pyridyl)ethylene (bpene) to increase its CO2 sorption uptake. The structure of the newly synthesized bpene has been determined by synchrotron X ...
4. Evaluation of the Current Status of the Combinatorial Approach for the Study of Phase Diagrams
Journal of Research (NIST JRES)
Winnie K Wong-Ng
This paper provides an evaluation of the effectiveness of using the high throughput combinatorial
approach for preparing phase diagrams of thin film and bulk materials. Our evaluation is based
primarily on examples of combinatorial phase diagrams ...
5. Carbon Storage Properties of OMS-2 Manganese Oxide
Lan (Lan) Li, Eric J Cockayne, Laura Espinal, Winnie K Wong-Ng
Manganese oxide OMS-2 material, also known as alpha-MnO2, exhibits CO2 sorption hysteresis at pressures > 7 bar. Our experiments show that the hysteretic behavior strongly depends on time, temperature and pressure. To understand the atomic structures ...
6. Time dependent CO2 sorption hysteresis in a one-dimensional microporous octahedral molecular sieve
Laura Espinal, Winnie K Wong-Ng, Andrew John Allen, Daniel W Siderius, Chad R Snyder, Eric J Cockayne, Lan (Lan) Li, James A. Kaduk, Anais E. Espinal, Steven L. Suib, Chun Chiu
A critical challenge in the development of novel carbon capture materials with engineered porous architectures is to understand and control the phenomenon of sorption hysteresis, whereby the path to adsorption of gas molecules by the porous host diff ...
7. Development of a Seebeck Coefficient Standard Reference Material (SRM)™
Nathan Lowhorn, Winnie K Wong-Ng, John Lu, Joshua Brooks Martin, Martin L Green, John E Bonevich, Evan L. Thomas, Neil Dilley, Jeff Sharp
We have successfully developed a Seebeck coefficient Standard Reference Material (SRM™), Bi2Te3, that is essential for interlaboratory data comparison and for instrument calibration. Certification measurements were performed using a differential stea ...
8. Selective Adsorption of CO2 from Light Gas Mixtures Using a Structurally Dynamic Porous Coordination Polymer
Winnie K Wong-Ng, Andrew John Allen, Laura Espinal, Kristi L Kauffman, Jeffrey T Culp, Angela Goodman, Thomas D Brown, Mark P Bernardo, Russel J Pancoast, Danielle Chirdon, Christopher Matranga
The selective adsorption of CO2 from binary mixtures of N2 and CH4 was investigated using a structurally dynamic porous coordination polymer, catena-bis(dibenzoylmethanato)-(4,4’bipyridyl)nickel (II), ‘NiDBM-Bpy’, as the separation sorbent. A third g ...
9. High Resolution Reference X-ray Diffraction Pattern for Bis(2-methylimidazolyl)-Zinc, C8H10N4Zn (ZIF-8)
Winnie K Wong-Ng, James A Kaduk, Laura Espinal, Matthew Suchomel, Andrew John Allen
The family of zeolitic imidazolate framework (ZIF) compounds are efficient sorbent materials that can be used for catalytic, ion exchange, gas storage and gas separation applications. A high resolution reference x-ray powder diffraction pattern for o ...
10. On the Design of High Efficiency Thermoelectric Type I Clathrates through Transition Metal Doping
Winnie K Wong-Ng, X Shi, Joing Yang, S Bai, Jihui Yang, Hsin Wang, James Salvador, W Zhang, L Chen
We have developed a scheme for improving the thermoelectric properties of type I Ba8Ga16Ge30 clathrates by doping transition metals, TM, on the Ga sites. TM doping introduces charge distortion and lattice defects into the materials which increases t ...