You searched on: Author: winnie wong-ng
Displaying records 21 to 30 of 157 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
21. Thermopower of Co-doped FeSe0.82
Evan L. Thomas, Winnie K Wong-Ng, Daniel P. Phelan
The effect of cobalt doping (0.05 ≤ x ≤ 0.50) on the thermopower of the newly discovered superconductor FeSe0.82 is investigated through electrical and thermal transport measurements. Our results point to the destruction of superconducti ...
22. Statistical analysis of a round-robin measurement survey of two candidate materials for a Seebeck coefficient Standard Reference Material
John Lu, Nathan Lowhorn, Winnie K Wong-Ng, Weiping Zhang, Evan L. Thomas, Makoto Otani, Martin L Green, Thanh N. Tran, Chris Caylor, Neil Dilley, Adams Downey, B Edwards, Norbert Elsner, S Ghamaty, Timothy Hogan, Qing Jie, Qiang Li, Joshua Brooks Martin, George S. Nolas, H Obara, Jeffrey Sharp, Rama Venkatasubramanian, Rhonda Willigan, Jihui Yang, Terry Tritt
In an effort to develop a Standard Reference Material (SRM ) for Seebeck coefficient, we have conducted a round-robin measurement survey of two candidate materials undoped Bi2Te3 and constantan (55% Cu and 45% Ni alloy). Measurements were performe ...
23. Round-Robin Studies of Two Potential Seebeck Coefficient Standard Reference Materials
Nathan Lowhorn, Winnie K Wong-Ng, Weiping Zhang, John Lu, Makoto Otani, Evan L. Thomas, Martin L Green, Thanh Tran
The scientific activities of NIST include the development and distribution of standard reference materials (SRM) for instrument calibration and inter-laboratory data comparison. Full characterization of a thermoelectric material requires measurement ...
24. Synthesis and Transport Properties of Framework-Substituted Cs^d8^Na^d16^Cu^d5^Ge^d131^
Matthew Beekman, James A Kaduk, J Gryko, Winnie K Wong-Ng, Alexander J. Shapiro, George S. Nolas
We report the synthesis and temperature dependent transport properties of a new type II germanium clathrate, Cs8Na16Cu5Ge131 (space group Fd3m; a = 15.42000(9) ) . In comparison to the parent compound Cs8Na16Ge136, Cu substitution for Ge on the clat ...
25. Structural and thermoelectric properties of Bi2Sr2Co2Oy thin films on LaAlO3 (100) and fused silica substrates
Winnie K Wong-Ng, Mark D Vaudin, Shufang Wang, L Venimadhav, Shengming Guo, Ke Chen, Qi Li, A Soukiassian, D.G. Schlom, X.Q. Pan, D.G. Cahill, X. X. Xi
We have grown Bi2Sr2Co2Oy thin films on LaAlO3 (100) and fused silica substrates by pulsed laser deposition. The films on LaAlO3 are c-axis oriented and partially in-plane aligned with multiple domains while the films on fused silica are preferred c- ...
26. Local Structure of Cu in Cs8Na16Cu5Ge131 Type II Clathrate
Winnie K Wong-Ng, Azzam Mansour, Matthew Beekman, George S. Nolas
We have used X-ray absorption spectroscopy (XAS) to investigate the local structure of Cu and Ge in the Cs8Na16Cu5Ge131 type II clathrate. We show that the local structure parameters, coordination number, and distances for Ge are consistent with thos ...
27. Combinatorial Studies of Ba-Y-Cu-O Films for Coated-Conductor Applications
Winnie K Wong-Ng, Makoto Otani, Igor Levin, Peter K. Schenck, Zhi Yang, Guangyao Liu, Lawrence P. Cook, Ron Feenstra, Wei Zheng, Marty Rupich
Phase relationships in bulk and thin film Ba-Y-Cu-O high-Tc superconductor system were determined at processing conditions relevant for industrial production of coated conductors. Our results demonstrated that the absence of BaY2CuO5 (which has a cr ...
28. Materials Science &Technology (MS&T) 2008 Conference & Exhibition
Winnie K Wong-Ng
The Materials Science &Technology 2008 Conference & Exhibition took place in the David L. Lawrence Convention Center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania from October 5-9. The MS&T 2008 Conference was a great success, with a total more than 1000 papers prese ...
29. Development of High-throughput Thermoelectric Screening Tool for Combinatorial Thin Libraries
Makoto Otani, K Itaka, Winnie K Wong-Ng, H Koinuma, Martin L Green
30. Manifestation of Anisotropy in Melting Systematics of RBa3Cu3O7- (R=Ianthandies)
H B Su, D O Welch, Winnie K Wong-Ng, Lawrence P. Cook, Zhi Yang