You searched on:
Author: wyatt vreeland
Sorted by: title
Displaying records 1 to 10 of 34 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. A Facile Route to the Synthesis of Monodisperse Nanoscale Liposomes Using 3D Microfluidic Hydrodynamic
Focusing in a Concentric Capillary Array
Wyatt N Vreeland, Renee R Hood, Don L. DeVoe, Francisco Javier Atencia, Donna M. Omiatek
A novel microscale device has been developed to enable the one-step continuous flow assembly of
monodisperse nanoscale liposomes using three-dimensional microfluidic hydrodynamic focusing (3D-MHF)
in a radially symmetric capillary array. The 3D-M ...
2. A rapid, low-cost preparation of monodisperse niosomes in a microfluidic platform
Catherine T. Lo, Andreas Jahn, Wyatt N Vreeland, Laurie E Locascio
Niosomes are synthetic membrane vesicles made of self-assembled non-ionic surfactants (i.e. amphiphilic organic compounds). They bear the same properties as liposomes, namely having an aqueous interior that is separated from the exterior aqueous env ...
3. Accurate optical analysis of single molecule entrapment in nanoscale vesicles
Joseph E. (Joseph E.) Reiner, Andreas Jahn, Samuel M Stavis, Michael J Culbertson, Wyatt N Vreeland, Daniel L Burden, Jon C Geist, Michael Gaitan
We present a non-destructive method to characterize low analyte concentrations in nanometer scale lipid vesicle formulations. Our method is based on the application of fluorescence fluctuation analysis (FFA) and multi-angle laser light scattering (M ...
4. Capillarity Induced Solvent?Actuated Bonding of Polymeric Microfluidic Devices
Jayna J Shah, Jon C Geist, Laurie E Locascio, Michael Gaitan, Rao Mulpuri, Wyatt N Vreeland
Rapid, robust and economical fabrication of fluidic microchannels is of fundamental importance for the successful development of disposable lab-on-a-chip devices. In this work, we present a solvent-actuated bonding method for fabricating polymeric th ...
5. Chiral Separations by Temperature Gradient Focusing
K M. Balss, Wyatt N Vreeland, Karen W Phinney, Michael J Tarlov, David J Ross
Temperature gradient focusing (TGF) involves application of a temperature gradient across a microchannel or capillary. With an appropriate buffer, the temperature gradient creates a gradient in both the electric field and the electrophoretic velocity ...
6. Contactless Differential Conductivity Detection
Gordon Allan Shaw, David J Ross, Steven Earl Fick, Wyatt N Vreeland
We propose a new technique, contactless differential conductivity detection (CDCD,) to improve the detection limit of contactless conductivity detection for capillary and microchannel electrophoresis. By exploiting a 3-electrode differential configu ...
7. Controlled Encapsulation of a Hydrophilic Drug Simulant in Nano-Liposomes Using Continuous Flow Microfluidics
Andreas Jahn, Joseph E. (Joseph E.) Reiner, Wyatt N Vreeland, Don DeVoe, Laurie E Locascio, Michael Gaitan
A new method to tailor the size and size distribution of nanometer scale liposomes and control loading of liposomes with a model drug in a continuous-flow microfluidic design is presented. Size and size dispersion are determined with tandem Asymmetr ...
8. Controlled Vesicle Self-Assembly in Continuous Two Phase Flow Microfluidic Channels
Andreas Jahn, Wyatt N Vreeland, Laurie E Locascio, Michael Gaitan
The spontaneous self-assembly of phospholipids into liposomes in aqueous solution results in the encapsulation of reagents into quantized packets in a manner that mimics cellular life-processes. Since their discovery in 1965, liposomes have been used ...
9. Controlled Vesicle Self-Assembly in Microfluidic Channels with Hydrodynamic Focusing
Andreas Jahn, Wyatt N Vreeland, Michael Gaitan, Laurie E Locascio
10. Effects of temperature, acyl chain length, and flow-rate ratio on liposome formation and size in a microfluidic hydrodyanmic focusing device
Justin M Zook, Wyatt N Vreeland
Microfluidic hydrodynamic focusing of an alcohol/lipid mixture into a narrow fluid stream by two oblique buffer streams provides a controlled and reproducible method of forming phospholipid bilayer vesicles (i.e., liposomes) with relatively monodispe ...