You searched on: Author: mark vaudin Sorted by: date
Displaying records 1 to 10 of 82 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. Assessing Electron Backscattered Diffraction and Confocal Raman Microscopy Strain Mapping Using Wedge-indented Si
Lawrence H Friedman, Mark D Vaudin, Stephan J Stranick, Gheorghe Stan, Yvonne Beatrice Gerbig, William A Osborn, Robert Francis Cook
The accuracy of electron backscattered diffraction (EBSD) and confocal Raman microscopy (CRM) for small-scale strain mapping are assessed using the multi-axial strain field surrounding a wedge indentation in Si as a test vehicle. The strain field is ...
2. Accuracy and Resolution of Nanoscale Strain Measurement Techniques
William A Osborn, Lawrence H Friedman, Mark D Vaudin, Stephan J Stranick, Michael S. Gaither, Justin M Gorham, Victor H Vartanian, Robert Francis Cook
3. Effect of Tin Doping on alpha-Fe2O3 Photoanodes for Water Splitting
Christopher C. Bohn, Amit Kumar Agrawal, Erich C. Walter, Mark D Vaudin, Andrew A Herzing, Paul M Haney, Albert A. Talin, Veronika A Szalai
Sputtered-deposited films of α-Fe2O3 of thickness 600 nm were investigated as photoanodes for solar
water splitting and found to have photocurrents as high as 0.8 mA/cm2 at 1.23 V vs. the reversible
hydrogen electrode (RHE). The incorporati ...
4. Micro-scale measurement and modeling of stress in silicon surrounding a tungsten-filled through-silicon via
Ryan P. Koseski, William A Osborn, Stephan J Stranick, Frank W DelRio, Mark D Vaudin, Thuy Dao, Vance H. Adams, Robert Francis Cook
The stress in silicon surrounding a tungsten-filled through-silicon via (TSV) is measured using confocal Raman microscopy line scans across the TSV both before and after etch removal of an oxide stack used as a mask to define the TSV during fabricati ...
5. Report on VAMAS Round Robin of ISO 13067: Microbeam Analysis,Electron Backscatter Diffraction,Measurement of Average Grain Size
NIST Interagency/Internal Report (NISTIR)
Adam A Creuziger, Mark D Vaudin
The authors recently participated in a round robin evaluation of a new ISO document draft, ISO 13067: Microbeam analysis ‹ Electron backscatter diffraction ‹ Measurement of average grain size. This report details the results of the study, some of th ...
6. A semicontinuum model for Si(x)Ge(1-x) alloys: calculation of their elastic characteristics and the strain field at the free surface of a semi-infinite alloy
Vinod K Tewary, Mark D Vaudin
A semicontiuum Green‰s-function-based model is proposed for analysis of averaged mechanical characteristics of Si(x)Ge(1-x). The atomistic forces in the model are distributed at discrete lattice sites, but the Green‰s function is approximated by the ...
7. Enhanced Mass Transport in Ultra-Rapidly-Heated Ni/Si Thin-Film Multilayers
Lawrence P. Cook, Richard E Cavicchi, Nabil Bassim, Susie Eustis, Winnie K Wong-Ng, Igor Levin, Ursula R Kattner, Carelyn E Campbell, Christopher B Montgomery, William F. Egelhoff Jr., Mark D Vaudin
We have investigated multilayer and bilayer Ni/Si thin films by nano-differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) at ultra rapid scan rates, in a temperature-time regime not accessible with conventional apparatus. DSC experiments were completed at slower ...
8. Measurement of heat capacity and enthalpy of formation of Nickel Silicide using Nano-calorimetry
Ravi Kummamuru, Lito De La Rama, Liang Hu, Mark D Vaudin, Mikhail Efremov, Martin L Green, David A LaVan, Leslie Allen
We present characterization of energetics of the reaction between nickel and silicon thin films using differential scanning nano-calorimetry (nano-DSC). For the first time, nano-DSC measurements up to 850 °C and of enthalpy of thin film reactions hav ...
9. Stress-Intensity Factor and Toughness Measurement at the Nanoscale using Confocal Raman Microscopy
Robert Francis Cook, Yvonne Beatrice Gerbig, Mark D Vaudin, Jeroen Schoenmaker, Stephan J Stranick
A confocal Raman microscopy technique is presented that allows stress measurement at the nanoscale, which in turn enables measurement of stress-intensity factors (SIF) at crack tips and thus toughness to be estimated. Peak-fitting and super-resolutio ...
10. Effect of crystallographic orientation on phase transformations during indentation of silicon
Yvonne Beatrice Gerbig, Dylan Morris, Stephan J Stranick, Mark D Vaudin, Robert Francis Cook
In a statistical nanoindentation study using a spherical probe, the effect of crystallographic orientation on the phase transformation of silicon (Si) was investigated. The presence and pressure at which events associated with phase transformation oc ...