You searched on:
Author: peter vallone
Sorted by: title
Displaying records 1 to 10 of 39 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. A New 26plex Autosomal STR Assay to Aid Human Identity Testing*(dagger)
Carolyn R Hill, John M Butler, Peter M Vallone
Multiplex polymerase chain reaction (PCR) has become the standard in forensic testing. Currently there are two commercial multiplex PCR amplification kits available that simultaneously amplify 16 short tandem repeat (STR) loci that include the 13 FB ...
2. A Novel Multiplex for Simultaneous Amplification of 20 Y Chromosome STR Markers
John M Butler, R Schoske, Peter M Vallone, Margaret C Kline, A J Redd, M F Hammer
A multiplex PCR assay capable of simultaneously amplifying 20 Y-chromosome short tandem repeat (STR) markers has been developed to aid human identity testing and male population studies. These markers include all of the Y STRs that make up the extend ...
3. A Strategy for Examining Complex Mixtures of Deoxyoligonucleotides Using IP-RP HPLC, MALDI-TOF MD, and Informatics
Peter M Vallone, J E Devaney, J M Marino
Matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry (MALDI-TOF MS)and ion pair-reverse phase high performance liquid chromatography (IP-RP HPLC) techniques were combined to determine the sequence identity of short single-stra ...
4. A Strategy for Examining Complex Mixtures of Deoxyoligonucleotides Using Ion-Pair Reverse-Phase High-Performance Liquid Chromatography, Matrix-Assisted Laser Desorption Ionization Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometry, and Informatics
Peter M Vallone, J. M. Devaney, M A Marino, John M Butler
5. A multiplex allele-specific primer extension assay for forensically informative SNPs distributed throughout the mitochondrial genome
Peter M Vallone, R S Just, Michael D Coble, John M Butler, T. J. Parsons
6. Allele Frequencies for 15 Autosomal STIR Loci on U.S. Caucasian, African American, and Hispanic Populations
John M Butler, R Schoske, Peter M Vallone, Janette W. Redman, Margaret C Kline
A total of 700 DNA samples from 3 U.S. Populations were examined at 15 different short tandem repeat (STR) markers commonly used is human identity testing. this manuscript simply describes the allele frequencies observed with our samples, which were ...
7. Allele frequencies for 27 Y-STR loci with U.S. Caucasian, African American, and Hispanic samples
John M Butler, Amy E. Decker, Peter M Vallone, Margaret C Kline
8. Allele frequencies for 40 autosomal SNP loci typed for US population samples using electrospray ionization mass spectrometry
Kevin M Kiesler, Peter M Vallone
Aim -- To type a set of 194 US African American, Caucasian,and Hispanic samples (self-declared ancestry) for 40 autosomal single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) markers intended for human identification purposes.
Methods -- Genotyping was performed on ...
9. An Allele-Specific Primer Extension Assay for the Detection of 11 SNPs Located in the Mitochondrial Genome
Peter M Vallone, Michael Coble, R S Just, John M Butler, Thomas J Parsons
The typing of single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) located throughout the mitochondrial genome (mtGenome) allows for differentiation between individulas possessing an identical HVa/HV2 sequence. A set of 11 SNPs selected for separating the most co ...
10. An Investigation of Discrimination Capacity and the Cause of Null Alleles in Linear Array Mitostrips Using Control Region Sequence Data.
Michael D Coble, Margaret C Kline, Janette W. Redman, Amy E. Decker, Peter M Vallone, John M Butler
Mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) analysis of forensic evidentiary materials such as degraded bones and shed hairs can provide the forensic scientist with some genetic information especially when highly discriminatory systems, such as nuclear STRs, completel ...