You searched on: Author: peter vallone Sorted by: date
Displaying records 1 to 10 of 41 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. Performance of a next generation sequencing SNP assay on degraded DNA
Katherine B Gettings, Kevin M Kiesler, Peter M Vallone
Forensic DNA casework samples are often of insufficient quantity or quality to generate full
profiles by conventional DNA typing methods. Amplification of STR loci is inherently limited
in samples containing degraded DNA, as the cumulative size ...
2. Rapid PCR Protocols for Forensic DNA Typing on Six Thermal Cycling Platforms
Peter M Vallone, Erica L Romsos
Rapid PCR protocols for the amplification of typing short tandem repeat multiplexes were evaluated
on 6 different thermal cyclers. PCR primers from the commercially available multiplex short tandem
repeat typing kit Identifiler were used to targ ...
3. Comparison of Base Composition Analysis and Sanger Sequencing of Mitochondrial DNA for four U.S.
Kevin M Kiesler, Michael D Coble, Thomas Hall, Peter M Vallone
A set of 711 samples from four U.S. population groups was analyzed using a novel mass spectrometry
based method for mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) base composition profiling. Comparison of the mass
spectrometry results with Sanger sequencing derived ...
4. DNA Purification From Crude Samples for Human Identification Using Gradient Elution Isotachophoresis
Elizabeth A Strychalski, Christopher Konek, Erica L Romsos, Peter M Vallone, Alyssa Henry, David J Ross
5. Allele frequencies for 40 autosomal SNP loci typed for US population samples using electrospray ionization mass spectrometry
Kevin M Kiesler, Peter M Vallone
Aim -- To type a set of 194 US African American, Caucasian,and Hispanic samples (self-declared ancestry) for 40 autosomal single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) markers intended for human identification purposes.
Methods -- Genotyping was performed on ...
6. Linkage Disequilibrium Analysis of D12S391 and vWA in U.S. Population and Paternity Samples
Kristen E. Lewis, Carolyn R Steffen, Peter M Vallone, John M Butler
Recently, the European Network of Forensic Science Institutes voted to adopt five additional STR loci (D12S391, D1S1656, D2S441, D10S1248, and D22S1045) to their existing European Standard Set of seven STRs (TH01, vWA, FGA, D8S1179, D18S51, D21S11, a ...
7. A New 26plex Autosomal STR Assay to Aid Human Identity Testing*(dagger)
Carolyn R Steffen, John M Butler, Peter M Vallone
Multiplex polymerase chain reaction (PCR) has become the standard in forensic testing. Currently there are two commercial multiplex PCR amplification kits available that simultaneously amplify 16 short tandem repeat (STR) loci that include the 13 FB ...
8. Demonstration of Rapid Multiplex PCR Amplification Involving 16 Genetic Loci
Peter M Vallone, Carolyn R Steffen, John M Butler
Current forensic DNA typing is conducted in approximately eight to ten hours with steps including DNA extraction, quantitation, polymerase chain reaction (PCR) amplification of multiple short tandem repeat (STR) loci, capillary electrophoresis separa ...
9. Microfluidic DNA Analysis Systems for Forensic Applications
Special Publication (NIST SP)
Michael Gaitan, Jayna J Shah, Darwin R Reyes-Hernandez, Pierre-Alain Auroux, Jon C Geist, Laurie E Locascio, Wyatt N Vreeland, David J Ross, Peter M Vallone, Paul Smith, Nicole Morgan, Tom Pohida, John Kakareka, Annelise Barron
This report summarizes the NIST effort on microfluidic DNA analysis systems for forensic applications sponsored by the National Institute of Justice. Currently emerging microfluidics-based forensic systems are implemented in silica (glass) because t ...
10. Analysis of artificially degraded DNA using STRs and SNPs results of a collaborative European (EDNAP) exercise
L. A. Dixon, A. E. Dobbins, H. Pulker, John M Butler, Peter M Vallone, Michael D Coble, W. Parson, B. Berger, P. Grubwieser, H. S. Mogensen, N. Morling, K. Nielsen, J. J. Sanchez, E. Petkovski, A. Carracedo, P. Sanchez-Diz, E. Ramos-Luis, M. Brion, J. A. Irwin, R. S. Just, O. Loreille, T. J. Parsons, D. Syndercombe-Court, H. Schmitter, B. Stradmann-Bellinghausen, K. Bender, P. Gill