You searched on: Author: li piin sung Sorted by: title
Displaying records 1 to 10 of 78 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. A Quantitative Study of Nanoparticle Release from Nanocoatings Exposed to UV Radiation
Li Piin Sung, Deborah L Stanley, Justin M Gorham, Savelas A Rabb, Xiaohong Gu, Lee Lijian Yu, Tinh Nguyen
Nanoparticles are increasingly used in polymer coatings (i.e., nanocoatings) to improve multiple properties of traditional coatings such as mechanical, electrical, gas barrier, and UV resistance. These high performance nanocoatings are often used in ...
2. A Study of Nanosilica Release From ,WeatheredŠ Polymer Nanocomposites at Different Temperatures Using ICP-OES
Savelas A Rabb, Deborah L Stanley, Li Piin Sung, Tinh Nguyen, Lee Lijian Yu
The impact of nanoparticles on the environment and, more importantly, the human population has been of great interest for the past few years. Release of these nanoparticles from different materials from wear or climate exposure has been explored to ...
3. A pilot interlaboratory comparison of protocols that simulate aging of nanocomposites and detect released fragments
Wendel Wohlleben, Deborah L Stanley, Justin M Gorham, Li Piin Sung, Tinh Nguyen
The safe use of nanocomposites depends, in part, on a good understanding of the fate of nanofillers throughout the nanocomposite,s lifecycle. Various modifications of ISO weathering protocols have been proposed to assess what is released and at which ...
4. Adsorption of Dodecahydroxylated-Fullerene Monolayers at the Air Water Interface
Li Piin Sung, W J Liua, U Jeng, T L Lin, S H Laib, M C Shih, C S Tsao, L Y Wang
We study the adsorption behaviors of dodecahydroxylated-fullerene C60(OH)12 at the air-water interface. With the hydrophilicity imposed by the 12 hydroxy groups randomly bounded on the C60 cage, C60(OH)12 can dissolve in water slightly. Surface press ...
5. Advanced Techniques for Nanocharacterization of Polymeric Coating Surfaces
X H Gu, T Y Wu, Tinh Nguyen, Li Piin Sung, Mark R VanLandingham, Michael J Fasolka, Jonathan W. Martin, Y C Jean, D Nguyen, N K Chang
6. Advanced Techniques for Nanocharacterization of Polymeric Coating Surfaces
Xiaohong Gu, Tinh Nguyen, Li Piin Sung, Mark R VanLandingham, Y C Jean, Jonathan W. Martin
The applications of AFM and nanoindentation on study of surface property of polymeric coatings have been demonstrated. The surface microstructure of several coatings was characterized using tapping mode AFM, and the morphological change of coatings d ...
7. Advanced Techniques for Nanocharacterization of Polymeric Coating Surfaces.
X Gu, Tinh Nguyen, Li Piin Sung, M J Fasolka, Jonathan W. Martin, M R Vanlandingham, Y C Jean, D Nguyen, N K Chang, T Y Wu
8. Advances in Materials and Mechanics
K P Chong, Mark R VanLandingham, Li Piin Sung
Mechanics and materials are essential elements in all of the transcendent technologies that are the primary drivers of the twenty first century and in the new economy. The transcendent technologies include nanotechnology, microelectronics, informati ...
9. Characterization of Airborne Nanoparticle Released from Consumer Products
Technical Note (NIST TN)
Li Piin Sung, Joannie W Chin, Andrew Keith Persily
This interim report summarizes research results to date under the FY2012 interagency agreement
between CPSC and NIST to develop testing and measurement protocols for determining the quantities
and properties of nanoparticles released from floorin ...
10. Characterization of Coating Microstructure Using Laser Scanning Confocal Microscopy
Li Piin Sung, Maria E Nadal, Paul E Stutzman, M E. McKnight
The appearance of coating materials depends on the physical attributes of the object's interaction with light. These physical attributes include the light source, the angle of illumination, the viewing angle, and the optical reflectance properties o ...