You searched on: Author: li piin sung
Displaying records 11 to 20 of 75 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
11. Characterization of Airborne Nanoparticle Released from Consumer Products
Technical Note (NIST TN)
Li Piin Sung, Joannie W Chin, Andrew Keith Persily
This interim report summarizes research results to date under the FY2012 interagency agreement
between CPSC and NIST to develop testing and measurement protocols for determining the quantities
and properties of nanoparticles released from floorin ...
12. Smoldering in Flexible Polyurethane Foams: the Effect of Foam Morphology
Mauro Zammarano, Szabolcs Matko, Roland H. Kraemer, Rick D Davis, Jeffrey W Gilman, Li Piin Sung, Douglas Matthew Fox, Shivani Navin Mehta
Smoldering is a self-sustaining heterogeneous oxidation reaction that induces a slow, low temperature, flameless combustion.
Flexible polyurethane foams (PUF) are prone to smoldering due to their high air permeability, low density and high specific ...
13. RESONANCE ENERGY TRANSFER AS A TOOL FOR PROBING INTERFACE FORMATION IN NANOCOMPOSITES
Mauro Zammarano, Edward D. McCarthy, Douglas Matthew Fox, Paul Hutsell Maupin, Li Piin Sung, Yeon Seok Kim
One of the most enduring problems in the evolution of science and technology using nanoscale materials is the characterization of their morphology in macroscopic systems.1 This involves spatial and orientation distribution, which may be multimodal an ...
14. Linking Degree of Filler Dispersion to Photodegradation Rate in a NanoTiO2-Latex Coating: An Accelerated Weathering Study
Li Piin Sung, Yongyan Pang, Stephanie S Watson
The objective of this study is to investigate the influence of the filler dispersion of nano-TiO2 in polymeric coatings on the surface morphology evolution of the coatings under UV exposure. Two types of nano-TiO2 with different surface treatments we ...
15. Extent and Quality of Interface in Cellulose-PE Nanocomposites
Mauro Zammarano, Paul Hutsell Maupin, Li Piin Sung, Jeffrey W Gilman, Edward D. McCarthy, Yeon Seok Kim, Douglas M. Fox
16. Revealing the Interphase in Polymer Nanocomposites
Mauro Zammarano, Paul Hutsell Maupin, Li Piin Sung, Jeffrey W Gilman, Douglas Matthew Fox
Morphological characterization of polymer nanocomposites is a fundamental challenge that is complicated by multiple length scales. Here, we report a technique for high-throughput monitoring of interphase and dispersion in polymer nanocomposites based ...
17. Effects of Temperature and Humidity on the Photodegradation of TiO2-Filled Acrylic Urethane Films
Stephanie S Watson, Tarek Marray, Yongyan Pang, Li Piin Sung
Metal oxide fillers, such as titanium dioxide (TiO2) are commonly used in building and construction applications and are added to increase the opacity and/or to improve the mechanics of a coating. However, their photoreactivity can contribute to deg ...
18. Mapping Heterogeneity in NanoTiO2/Polymer Coatings Using Confocal Microscopy and Depth Sensing Indentation
Li Piin Sung
The purpose of this study is to develop relevant metrology to measure the appropriate structure-property relationship at a proper length scale to understand the interplay between nanoparticle and polymeric matrix. In this paper, we present the prelim ...
19. Effect of Nano-Silica Fillers on Surface Morphology and Mechanical Properties of Polymer-Silica Composites
Li Piin Sung, Dongmei Zhe, Aaron M Forster, Peter Krommenhoek, Nancy J Lin, Sheng Lin-Gibson
Investigation on the effect of nano-silica on the effect of nano-silica on the surface morphology and mechanical properties has been carried out on two-dimensional (2D) gradient polymer-silica composite samples varied in chemical composition (e.g., f ...
20. Quantification of cell response to polymeric composites using a two-dimensional gradient platform
Nancy J Lin, Haiqing Hu, Li Piin Sung, Sheng Lin-Gibson
A simple and straightforward screening process to assess the toxicity and corresponding cell response of dental composites would be useful prior to extensive in vitro or in vivo characterization. To this end, gradient composite samples were prepared ...