You searched on: Author: samuel stavis Sorted by: date
Displaying records 1 to 10 of 37 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. Rapid Prototyping of Nanofluidic Slits in a Silicone Bilayer
Thomas Pedicino Kole, Kuo-Tang Liao, Daniel Robert Paul Schiffels, Bojan R Ilic, Elizabeth A Strychalski, Jason G Kralj, James Alexander Liddle, Anatoly Dritschilo, Samuel M Stavis
2. Quantitative magnetometry of ferromagnetic nanorods by microfluidic analytical magnetophoresis
Andrew Lee Balk, Lamar O. Mair, Feng Guo, Carlos M. Hangarter, Pramod Pappachan Mathai, Robert D McMichael, Samuel M Stavis, John NMN Unguris
We introduce an implementation of magnetophoresis to measure the absolute magnetization of ferromagnetic nanorods dispersed in fluids, by analyzing the velocity of single nanorods under an applied magnetic field gradient. A microfluidic guideway prev ...
3. Dimensional Reduction of Duplex DNA Under Nanofluidic Slit Confinement
Luis Fernando Vargas Lara, Jack F Douglas, Samuel M Stavis, Elizabeth A Strychalski, Jon C Geist, Brian Joseph Nablo
There has been much recent interest in the dimensional properties of duplex DNA under nanoscale
confinement conditions as a problem of fundamental interest in both technological and
biological fields. This has led to a series of measurements by f ...
4. Characterization of Electrothermal Actuation with Nanometer and Microradian Precision
Craig Robert Copeland, Craig Dyer McGray, Jon C Geist, Vladimir A Aksyuk, Samuel M Stavis
A recently introduced particle-tracking method was used to measure the single motion cycles of an electrothermal actuator with nanometer and microradian precision. Driving the actuator with a low-noise input induced deterministic motion that was per ...
5. Magnetometry of single ferromagnetic nanoparticles using magneto-optical indicator films with spatial amplification
Andrew Lee Balk, Carlos M. Hangarter, Samuel M Stavis, John NMN Unguris
We present a magneto-optical imaging technique to rapidly measure two dimensional, sub-micrometer maps of fringe fields from single magnetic nanorods with microtesla sensitivity. Our technique implements an ultrathin, low-coercivity, perpendicularly ...
6. Kilohertz Rotation of Nanorods Propelled by Ultrasound, Traced by Microvortex Advection of Nanoparticles
Andrew Lee Balk, Lamar O. Mair, Pramod Pappachan Mathai, Paul N Patrone, Wei Wang, Suzanne Ahmed, Thomas Mallouk, James Alexander Liddle, Samuel M Stavis
We measure the microvortical flows around gold nanorods propelled by ultrasound in water using polystyrene nanoparticles as optical tracers. We infer the rotational frequencies of such nanomotors assuming a hydrodynamic model of this interaction. In ...
7. High-speed, high-purity separation of gold nanoparticle‹DNA origami constructs using centrifugation
Seung H. Ko, Luis Fernando Vargas Lara, Paul N Patrone, Samuel M Stavis, Francis W Starr, Jack F Douglas, James Alexander Liddle
DNA origami is a powerful platform for assembling gold nanoparticle constructs, an important class of nanostructure with numerous applications. Such constructs are assembled by the association of complementary DNA oligomers. These association reactio ...
8. Nanofluidic Entropophoresis
Samuel M Stavis, Elizabeth A Strychalski
9. A localized transition in the size variation of circular DNA in nanofluidic slitlike confinement
Elizabeth A Strychalski, Samuel M Stavis, Jon C Geist
We report strong evidence for a localized transition in the size variation of circular DNA between
strong and moderate regimes of slitlike confinement. A novel and rigorous statistical analysis was
applied to our recent experimental measurements ...
10. Measurement Uncertainties in MEMS Kinematics by Super-Resolution Fluorescence Microscopy
Craig Dyer McGray, Samuel M Stavis, Jon C Geist