You searched on: Author: keana scott
Displaying records 11 to 16.
Resort by: Date / Title
11. Live, video-rate super-resolution microscopy using structured illumination and rapid GPU-based parallel processing
Jonathan A. Lefman, Keana C K Scott, Javed Khan, Stephan J Stranick
Structured illumination fluorescence microscopy is a powerful super resolution method that is capable of achieving a resolution below 100 nm. Each super-resolution image is computationally constructed from a set of differentially illuminated images. ...
12. 3D elemental and structural analysis of biological specimens using electrons and ions
Keana C K Scott
We demonstrate the utility of focused ion beam scanning electron microscopy (FIB SEM) combined with energy dispersive x-ray spectrometry (EDS) for 3-dimensional (3D) morphological and elemental correlative analysis of sub-cellular features. Althoug ...
13. Characterization of SiGe Films for use as a National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Microanalysis Reference material (RM 8905)
Ryna B. Marinenko, Shirley Turner, David S Simons, Savelas A Rabb, Rolf Louis Zeisler, Lee Lijian Yu, Dale E Newbury, Rick L. Paul, Nicholas W m Ritchie, Stefan D Leigh, Michael R Winchester, Lee J Richter, Douglas C Meier, Keana C K Scott, D Klinedinst, John A Small
Bulk SiGe wafers cut from single-crystal boules and two SiGe thick films (4 m and 5 m thick) on Si wafers were evaluated with the electron probe microanalyzer for the extent of heterogeneity and composition for use as reference materi ...
14. 3D Imaging of Diatoms with Ion-abrasion Scanning Electron Microscopy
Keana C K Scott, Mark Hildebrand, Sang Kim, Dan Shi, Sriram Subramaniam
Ion-abrasion scanning electron microscopy (IASEM) takes advantage of focused ion beams to abrade thin sections from the surface of bulk specimens, coupled with SEM to image the surface of each section, enabling 3D reconstructions of subcellular archi ...
15. Analysis of 3D elemental mapping artifacts in biological specimens using Monte Carlo simulation
Keana C K Scott, Nicholas W m Ritchie
In this paper, we present the Monte Carlo simulation results demonstrating the feasibility of the focused ion beam based X-ray microanalysis technique (FIB-EDS) for the 3D elemental analysis of biological samples. We used a marine diatom Thalassiosi ...
16. Widefield Light Microscopy Method for High Resolution and Quantum Dot Spectral Studies
Cynthia J Zeissler, Keana C K Scott, Richard D Holbrook, Peter E. Dr. Barker, Yan Xiao
We are exploring methods to achieve 3D 200 nm resolution multispectral imaging with an ordinary inexpensive widefield microscope using incoherent white light sources and an electronically tunable filter. In this work, the capabilities were applied to ...