You searched on:
Author: anne plant
Sorted by: title
Displaying records 1 to 10 of 47 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. Image Classification of Vascular Smooth Muscle Cells
Michael Grasso, Ronil Mokashi , Alden A Dima, Antonio Cardone, Kiran Bhadriraju, Anne L Plant, Mary C Brady, Yaacov Yesha, Yelena Yesha
The traditional method of cell microscopy can be subjective, due to observer variability, a lack of standardization, and a limited feature set. To address this challenge, we developed an image classifier using a machine learning approach. Our system ...
2. A mechanistically relevant cytotoxicity assay based on the detection of cellular GFP
Michael W Halter, Jamie L Almeida, Alessandro Tona, Kenneth D Cole, Anne L Plant, John T Elliott
Cell-based assays for measuring ribosome inhibition by proteins such as the plant toxin ricin are important for characterizing decontamination strategies and developing detection technologies for field use. We report here an assay for ricin that prov ...
3. A vacuum manifold for rapid world-to-chip connectivity of complex PDMS microdevices
Gregory A Cooksey, Anne L Plant, Francisco Javier Atencia
The lack of simple interfaces for microfluidic devices with a large number of inlets significantly limits production and utilization of these devices. In this paper, we describe the fabrication of a reusable manifold that provides rapid world-to-chi ...
4. APPLICATION OF EVANESCENT-WAVE SCATTERING TO THE STUDY OF THE MOTION OF LIPOSOMES
NEAR A SOLID-SURFACE
Adolfas Kastytis Gaigalas, Joseph Bunton Hubbard, Anne L Plant, Vytautas Reipa
5. Biomimetic Membranes on Metal Supports
John T Elliott, Curtis W Meuse, Vitalii Ivanovich Silin, Susan T Krueger, John Taylor Woodward IV, T Petralli-Mallow, Anne L Plant
Biological membranes are complex and dynamic structures. The biological functions associated with membranes involve a number of different molecular species, and theories of how the molecular species are organized are still evolving. The fluid mosa ...
6. Biotechnological Applications of Surface Plasmon Resonance
Vitalii Ivanovich Silin, Anne L Plant
7. Cell Membrane Hybrid Bilayers Containing the G-Protein-Coupled Receptor CCR5
N M. Rao, Vitalii Ivanovich Silin, K D. Ridge, John Taylor Woodward IV, Anne L Plant
A hybrid bilayer membrane is a planar model membrane that is formed at an alkanethiol monolayer-coated gold surface by the spontaneous reorganization of phospholipid vesicles. Membrane vesicles from monkey kidney COS-cells also reorganize at an alka ...
8. Cell volume distributions reveal cell growth rates and division times
Michael W Halter, John T Elliott, Joseph Bunton Hubbard, Alessandro Tona, Anne L Plant
A population of cells in culture displays a range of phenotypic responses, even when those cells are derived from a single cell and are exposed to a homogeneous environment. Phenotypic variability can have a number of sources, including the variable ...
9. Characterization of Biomimetic Surfaces Formed from Cell Membranes
N M. Rao, Anne L Plant, Vitalii Ivanovich Silin, Scott A Wight, S Hui
10. Comparison of Reagents for Shape Analysis of Fixed Cells by Automated Fluorescence Microscopy
John T Elliott, Alessandro Tona, Anne L Plant
Background: Cell size and shape have been implicated as potentiators intracellular signaling events and as indicator of abnormal cell behavior. Automated microscopy and image analysis can provide quantitative information about the size and shape of ...