You searched on:
Author: tinh nguyen
Sorted by: title
Displaying records 1 to 10 of 98 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. A Novel Method to Covalently Functionalize Carbon Nanotubes with Isocyanates
Tinh Nguyen, Aline Granier, Kristen L Steffens, Hajin Lee, Naomi Eidelman, Jonathan W. (Jonathan W.) Martin
We have developed a novel method to covalently functionalize carbon nanotubes (CNTs) that carry free isocyanate (N=C=O) groups. NCO-functionalized CNTs (NCO-fCNTs) are very desirable, because the NCO group is highly reactive with hydrogen-active grou ...
2. A Spectroscopic Technique for Studies of Water Transport Along the Interface and Hydrolytic Stability of Polymer/substrate Systems
I Linossier, F Gaillard, M Romand, Tinh Nguyen
Information on water transport along the polymer/substrate interface is valuable for understanding the mechanisms and the controlling factors affecting the water-induced adhesion loss of polymer-coated metals, adhesive-bonded joints and polymer/fiber ...
3. Adhesion Loss and Corrosion-induced Delamination of Fusion-Bonded Epoxy Coated Steel in Alkaline Electrolytes
Tinh Nguyen, Jonathan W. (Jonathan W.) Martin
Fusion-bonded epoxy is used extensively for increasing the service life of steel-reinforced concrete structures. However, field observations have reported premature corrosion of fusion bonded epoxy-coated reinforcing bars used in marine concrete envi ...
4. Advanced Techniques for Nanocharacterization of Polymeric Coating Surfaces
X H Gu, T Y Wu, Tinh Nguyen, Li Piin Sung, Mark R VanLandingham, Michael J Fasolka, Jonathan W. (Jonathan W.) Martin, Y C Jean, D Nguyen, N K Chang
5. Advanced Techniques for Nanocharacterization of Polymeric Coating Surfaces
Xiaohong Gu, Tinh Nguyen, Li Piin Sung, Mark R VanLandingham, Y C Jean, Jonathan W. (Jonathan W.) Martin
The applications of AFM and nanoindentation on study of surface property of polymeric coatings have been demonstrated. The surface microstructure of several coatings was characterized using tapping mode AFM, and the morphological change of coatings d ...
6. Advanced Techniques for Nanocharacterization of Polymeric Coating Surfaces.
X Gu, Tinh Nguyen, Li Piin Sung, M J Fasolka, Jonathan W. (Jonathan W.) Martin, M R Vanlandingham, Y C Jean, D Nguyen, N K Chang, T Y Wu
7. Application of a Reliability-Based Methodology for Predicting the Outdoor Service Life of Polymers
Joannie W Chin, Jonathan W. (Jonathan W.) Martin, E Byrd, Tinh Nguyen, N Embree, J D Tate
Organic polymers are a commercially important class of materials that are being increasingly used in outdoor applications such as paints, coatings, sealants, siding and roofing membranes, to name just a few. One of the most damaging elements in the ...
8. C-30 Self-Assembled Monolayers on Silica, Titania, and Zirconia: Hplc Performance, Atomic Force Microscopy, Ellipsometry, and Nmr Studies of Molecular Dynamics and Uniformity of Coverage
M. Pursch, David Lloyd VanderHart, L C Sander, X H Gu, Tinh Nguyen, Stephen A Wise, Donald A. Gajewski
9. Characterization of Chemical Heterogeneity in Polymer Systems Using Hydrolysis and Tapping Mode Atomic Force Microscopy
D Ragahavan, X. Gu, Tinh Nguyen, Mark R VanLandingham
Characterization of polymer coatings microstructure is critical to the fundamental understanding of corrosion of coated metals. In this paper an approach for mapping chemical heterogeneity of a polymer system using chemical modification and tapping ...
10. Characterization of Coating System Interphases with Phase Imaging AFM
Tinh Nguyen, Xiaohong Gu, Mark R VanLandingham, M Giraud, R Dutruc-Rosset, R Ryntz, D Nguyen
The interphase between a polymer film and a substrate controls the adhesion and durability of a variety of polymeric systems including adhesives, coatings on plastics and metals, and electronic packaging. A polymeric coating system consists of a coat ...