You searched on: Author: alan migdall Sorted by: date
Displaying records 1 to 10 of 198 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. Statistically background-free, phase-preserving parametric up-conversion with faint light
Yu-Hsiang Cheng, Tim O. Thomay, Glenn Scott Solomon, Alan L Migdall, Sergey V Polyakov
We demonstrate phase preservation in a frequency up-conversion
process at the single-photon level. This phase preservation
enables the applications of frequency conversion of entangled photon
pairs. Periodically poled lithium niobate waveguides an ...
2. Absolute Calibration of a Variable Attenuator Using Few-Photon
Zachary H Levine, Boris L. Glebov, Adam L Pintar, Alan L Migdall
We demonstrate the ability to calibrate a variable optical attenuator directly at
the few photon level using a Superconducting Transition Edge Sensor (TES).
Because of the inherent linearity of photon number resolving detection, no ex-
ternal cali ...
3. Reconstruction of mode structure of faint sources and its applications
Sergey V Polyakov, Alan L Migdall, Elizabeth A Goldschmidt, Giorgio Brida, Stefan Kuck, Fabrizio Piacentini, Ivo Pietro Degiovanni, I. Ruo Berchera, Marco Genovese
We build upon our newly developed mode reconstruction technique that takes advantage of higher-order photon number statistics and propose new experiments.
4. Experimental Bounds on Classical Random Field Theories
Joffrey Kent Peters, Sergey V Polyakov, Jingyun Fan, Alan L Migdall
Alternative theories to quantum mechanics motivate important fundamental tests of our
understanding and description of the smallest physical systems. Here we place experimental
limits on those classical field theories which result in power-depend ...
5. Photon Number Resolution Enables Quantum Receiver for Realistic Coherent Optical Communications
Francisco E. Becerra Chavez, Jingyun Fan, Alan L Migdall
Quantum-enhanced measurements can provide information about the properties of a physical
system with sensitivities beyond what is fundamentally possible with conventional technologies.
However, this advantage can be achieved only if quantum measure ...
6. Photon-number uncertainty in a superconducting transition-edge sensor beyond resolved-photon-number determination
Zachary H Levine, Boris L. Glebov, Alan L Migdall, Thomas Gerrits, Brice R. Calkins, Adriana Eleni Lita, Sae Woo Nam
As part of an effort to extend fundamental single-photon measurements into the macroscopic regime, we explore how best to assign photon-number uncertainties to output waveforms of a superconducting Transition Edge Sensor (TES) and how those assignmen ...
7. Sub-wavelength interference of thermal light with photon-number resolving detection
Yanhua (Yanhua) Zhai, Francisco E. Becerra Chavez, Jingyun Fan, Alan L Migdall
We examine the spatial correlation of thermal-light diffracted through a double-slit using photon-number-resolved detection to directly measure high-order correlations. We observe sinusoidal modulations of the spatial coherence in the diffracted ligh ...
8. Topological Robustness of Transport Statistics for Photons in a Synthetic Gauge Field
Sunil Mittal, Jingyun Fan, Sanli Faez, Alan L Migdall, Jacob M Taylor, Mohammad Hafezi
Electronic transport through a disordered medium leads generically to localization, where
conductance drops exponentially with system size, even at zero temperature. The addition of
gauge fields to disordered media leads to fundamental changes in ...
9. Photon Number Squeezing via Repeated Parametric Downconversion With Ancillary Number Measurements
Boris L. Glebov, Jingyun Fan, Alan L Migdall
We study the cavity-based parametric downconversion (PDC) process as a source of photon Fock states using Monte Carlo simulation with realistic experimental settings. By controlling the circulation of one PDC daughter field in the cavity conditioned ...
10. Microstructured fiber entangles light for quantum information processing
Jingyun Fan, Alan L Migdall
With dispersion engineering and optimization of pump wavelength, four-wave mixing within a
microstructured fiber can be used to produce high-purity entangled photons for applications in quantum information processing tasks.