You searched on:
Author: john lu
Sorted by: title
Displaying records 1 to 10 of 14 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. An Empirical Bayes Approach to Robust Variance Estimation: A Statistical Proposal for Quantitative Medical Image Testing
John Lu, Charles D. Fenimore
The current standard for measuring tumor response using X-ray, CT and MRI is based on the response evaluation crite- rion in solid tumors (RECIST) which, while providing simplifications over previous (WHO) 2-D methods, stipulate four response categor ...
2. Big Data Issues in Quantitative Imaging
Mary C Brady, Alden A Dima, Charles D. Fenimore, James J Filliben, John Lu, Adele P Peskin, Mala Ramaiah, Ganesh Saiprasad, Ram D Sriram
3. Comparison of 1D, 2D and 3D nodule sizing methods by radiologists for spherical and complex nodules on thoracic CT phantom images
John Lu, Charles D. Fenimore
Purpose: To estimate the bias and variance of radiologists measuring the size of spherical and complex synthetic nodules.
Methods: This study did not require IRB approval. Six radiologists estimated the size of 10 synthetic nodules embedded within ...
4. Comparison of Confidence Intervals for Large Operational Biometric Data by
Parametric and Non-parametric Methods
NIST Interagency/Internal Report (NISTIR)
Su Lan (Su Lan) Cheng, Ross J Micheals, John Lu
Receiver operating characteristic (ROC) or Detection Error Trade-off (DET) curves are used to measure the performance of a biometric verification or identification system. To go beyond the ROC/DET and to enhance evaluation of a verification system w ...
5. Development of a Seebeck Coefficient Standard Reference Material
Nathan Lowhorn, Winnie K Wong-Ng, John Lu, Evan L. Thomas, Makoto Otani, Martin L Green, Neil Dilley, Jeffrey Sharp, Thanh N. Tran
We have successfully developed a Seebeck coefficient Standard Reference Material (SRM ), Bi2Te3, that is crucial for interlaboratory data comparison and for instrument calibration. Certification measurements were performed using two different techniq ...
6. Development of a Seebeck Coefficient Standard Reference Material (SRM),
Nathan Lowhorn, Winnie K Wong-Ng, John Lu, Joshua Brooks Martin, Martin L Green, John E Bonevich, Evan L. Thomas, Neil Dilley, Jeff Sharp
We have successfully developed a Seebeck coefficient Standard Reference Material (SRM,), Bi2Te3, that is essential for interlaboratory data comparison and for instrument calibration. Certification measurements were performed using a differential stea ...
7. Form-Profiling of Optics Using the Geometry Measuring Machine and NIST M-48 CMM
Nadia Machkour-Deshayes, John Richard Stoup, John Lu, Johannes A Soons, Ulf Griesmann, Robert S. Polvani
We are developing an instrument, the Geometry Measuring Machine (GEMM), to measure the profile errors of aspheric and free form optical surfaces, which require measurement uncertainties near 1nm. Using GEMM, an optical profile is reconstructed from ...
8. Phase-coded volume holographic gratings for spatial-spectral imaging filters
We present a design of phase contrast filters embedded in a three-dimensional (3D) pupil to form phase-coded volume holographic gratings (VHG) for spatial-spectral imaging. The phase-coded VHG improves image contrast and results in strong filtering p ...
9. Radiochemical Neutron Activation Analysis for Certification of Ion-Implanted Phosphorus in Silicon
Rick L Paul, David S Simons, William F Guthrie, John Lu
10. Round-Robin Studies of Two Potential Seebeck Coefficient Standard Reference Materials
Nathan Lowhorn, Winnie K Wong-Ng, Weiping Zhang, John Lu, Makoto Otani, Evan L. Thomas, Martin L Green, Thanh Tran
The scientific activities of NIST include the development and distribution of standard reference materials (SRM) for instrument calibration and inter-laboratory data comparison. Full characterization of a thermoelectric material requires measurement ...