You searched on:
Author: jason kralj
Sorted by: date
Displaying records 1 to 7.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. Capturing Rare Cells From Blood Using a Packed Bed of Custom-Synthesized Chitosan Microparticles
Chandamany Arya, Jason G Kralj, Kunqiang Jiang, Matthew S Munson, Thomas P Forbes, Don L. DeVoe, Srinivasa R Raghavan, Samuel P Forry
Uniform multifunctional chitosan microparticles were produced in large numbers using a simple and inexpensive microtubing
arrangement. The particles were functionalized through both physical encapsulation of carbon black, to attenuate
2. Characterization of In Vitro Transcription Amplification Linearity and Variability in the Low Copy Number Regime using ERCC Spike Ins
Jason G Kralj, Marc L Salit
Characterization of whole transcriptomes from small RNA samples (less than 1 ng total RNA) has been a major challenge. Typically, samples are extracted and purified, amplified by in vitro transcription (IVT), and then subjected to genome- ...
3. Simple device for rare cell capture from whole blood
Jason G Kralj, Samuel P Forry, Matthew S Munson, Thomas P Forbes, Chandamany Arya, Lynn Sorbara, Alessandro Tona, Sudhir Srivastava
We have developed a system to isolate rare cells from whole blood using commercially available components and simple microfluidics that can provide biologists with the capabilities of the monolithic devices. We characterized the capture of MCF-7 cell ...
4. Engineering and Analysis of Surface Interactions in a Microfluidic Herringbone Micromixer
Thomas P Forbes, Jason G Kralj
We developed a computational model and theoretical framework to investigate the geometrical optimization of particle-surface interactions in a herringbone micromixer. The enhancement of biomolecule- and particle-surface interactions in microfluidic d ...
5. Image-Based Feedback Control for Real-Time Sorting of Microspheres in a Microfluidic Device
Matthew S Munson, James Spotts, Antti Niemisto, Jyrki Selinummi, Jason G Kralj, Marc L Salit, Adrian Ozinsky
We have developed a fully automated control system to distribute user-defined numbers of antibody-functionalized fluorescent beads (scalable from tens to hundreds) to addressable assay chambers within a microfluidic PDMS device. We report an automat ...
6. T7-Based Linear Amplification of Low Concentration mRNA Samples using Beads and Microfluidics for Global Gene Expression Measurements
Jason G Kralj, Audrey Player, Hope Sedrick, Matthew S Munson, David Petersen, Samuel P Forry, Paul Meltzer, Ernest Kawasaki, Laurie E Locascio
We show single-cell level linear amplification of gene expression libraries immobilized on a microfluidic packed bed. This is a critical step in the Eberwine process, which is used to amplify messenger RNA (mRNA) for gene expression profiling. Microa ...
7. Multiplexed ,DetectorlessŠ Electrophoresis
David J Ross, Jason G Kralj
A new microfluidic electrophoresis device and technique is described that is designed specifically for multiplexed, high throughput separations. The device consists of an array of short (3 mm) capillaries connecting individual sample reservoirs to a ...