You searched on: Author: daniel hussey
Displaying records 11 to 20 of 39 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
11. WATER TRANSPORT ACROSS A POLYMER ELECTROLYTE MEMBRANE UNDER THERMAL GRADIENTS
David L Jacobson, Richard Fu, Takeshi Shiomi, Ugur Pasaogullari, Joshua Preston, Shinichi Miyazaki, Yuichiro Tabuchi, Daniel S Hussey
A fundamental experimental and numerical study of the water transport across a perfluorosulfonic
acid (PFSA) membrane under a temperature gradient is presented. The water transport phenomenon was
experimentally investigated through water flux mea ...
12. Neutron radioscopy: industrial and scientific applications
Daniel S Hussey, Michael A. Hickner
Neutron imaging has been a unique, precise, measurement tool for water transport in proton exchange membrane fuel cells (PEMFCs), enabling the direct measurement of the water distribution in standard, commercially viable fuel cell hardware. Thus, in ...
13. Electrically‹stimulated gradients in water and counterion concentrations within electroactive polymer actuators
Jong Keun Park, Paul J. Jones, Chris Sahagun, Kirt A. Page, Daniel S Hussey, David L Jacobson, Sarah E Morgan, Robert B Moore
While ionic polymer metal composites (IPMCs) have been studied for more than 10 years, the specific actuation mechanism is still unclear. In this work, neutron imaging, applied potential (AP) and current sensing (CS) atomic force microscopy (AFM) me ...
14. Observations of Transient Flooding in a Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cell Using Time-Resolved Neutron Radiography
Michael A Hickner, Nathan P. Siegel, Ken S Chen, Daniel S Hussey, David L Jacobson
The generation and transport of water in both the liquid and gas phases during device operation is an important area of study to understand both steady-state and transient performance of proton exchange membrane fuel cells. Specifically, localized h ...
15. Erratum: Precision Measurement of the n-He3 Incoherent Scattering Length Using Neutron Interferometry [Phys. Rev. Lett. 102, 200401 (2009)]
Michael G Huber, Muhammad Arif, T C Black, W.C. Chen, Thomas R Gentile, Daniel S Hussey, Dmitry Pushin, Fred E. Wietfeldt
16. Use of Neutron Imaging for PEMFC Performance Analysis and Design
T Trabold, Jon P Owejan, Jeffrey J Gagliardo, David L Jacobson, Daniel S Hussey, Muhammad Arif
Efficient water management is one of the key design objectives for proton exchange membrane fuel cells (PEMFCs), due to the influence of water on material selection, hardware configuration, and stack operating conditions. Neutron imaging has proven t ...
17. Statistical Learning Methods for Neutron Transmission Tomography of Fuel Cells
Kevin J Coakley, Dominic F. (Dominic F.) Vecchia, Daniel S Hussey
In a fuel cell, water is formed as a by-product of the reaction between hydrogen and oxygen. As a neutron beam passes through a fuel cell, it can undergo s-wave scattering. For the dry and wet states of a fuel cell, there are spatially varying neutro ...
18. Neutron Imaging Investigation of Liquid Water Distribution in and the Performance of a PEM Fuel Cell
J Park, X Li, D Tran, T Abdel-Baset, Daniel S Hussey, David L Jacobson, Muhammad Arif
In this study neutron radiography is applied to investigate the performance of a PEM fuel cell based on the effect of liquid water accumulation in the cell. Dynamic performance tests have been carried out on a PEM fuel cell with a specially designed ...
19. Neutron Collimation with Microchannel Plates: Calibration of Existing Technology and Near Future Possibilities
Robert Gregory Downing, Daniel S Hussey, A S Tremsin, David F. R. Mildner, W B Feller, David L Jacobson, Muhammad Arif, O H Siegmund
20. Feasibility of Single-View Coded Source Neutron Transmission Tomography
K J Coakley, Daniel S Hussey