You searched on: Author: jon hougen Sorted by: title
Displaying records 1 to 10 of 89 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. A Microwave Study of Hydrogen-Transfer-Triggered Methyl-Group Rotation in 5-Methyltropolone
Vadim V. Ilyushin, Emily A. Cloessner, Yung-Ching Chou, Laura B. Picraux, Jon Torger Hougen, Richard Lavrich
We present here the first experimental and theoretical study of the microwave spectrum of 5-methyltropolone, which can be visualized as a 7-membered aromatic carbon ring with a five-membered hydrogen-bonded cyclic structure at the top and a methyl ...
2. A New Torsion-Rotation Fitting Program for Molecules with a Six-Fold Barrier: Application to the Toluene Microwave Spectrum
Vadim V Ilyushin, Zbigniew Kisiel, Lech Pszczolkowski, Heinrich Maeder, Jon Torger Hougen
A new program is described for fitting rotation-torsion energy levels in the molecules like toluene, in which the frame (C6H5) has C2v symmetry and the methyl top has C3v symmetry, i.e., for molecules where the internal rotation barrier is expanded i ...
3. A fitting program for molecules with two equivalent methyl tops and C2v point-group symmetry at equilibrium: Application to existing microwave, millimeter, and sub-millimeter wave measurements of acetone
Jon Torger Hougen, Vadim V Ilyushin
A program, called PAM_C2v_2tops, for fitting the high-resolution torsion-rotation spectra of molecules with two equivalent methyl rotors and C2v symmetry at equilibrium is described and applied to the spectrum of acetone [(CH3)2CO]. The G36 permutat ...
4. A fitting program for molecules with two inequivalent methyl tops and a plane of symmetry at equilibrium. Application to new microwave and millimeter-wave measurements in methyl acetate
Marcela Tudorie, Isabelle Kleiner, Jon Torger Hougen, Sonia Melandri, Lilian Sutikdja, Wolfgang Stahl
A program for fitting the high-resolution torsion-rotation spectra of molecules having two inequivalent methyl rotors and a plane of symmetry at equilibrium is described and then applied to methyl acetate [CH3-O-C(=O)-CH3]. The G18 permutation-inver ...
5. Analysis and Fit of the Fourier Transform Microwave Spectrum of the Two-Top Molecule N-Methylacetamide
N Ohashi, Jon Torger Hougen, R D. Suenram, Francis John Lovas, Y Kawashima, M Fujitake, J Pyka
6. Analysis and Fit of the Fourier-Transform Microwave Spectrum of the Two-Top Molecule N-methylacetamide
N Ohashi, Jon Torger Hougen, R D. Suenram, Francis John Lovas, Y Kawashima, M Fujitake (Japan), J Pyka
The jet-cooled Fourier-transform microwave spectrum of N-methylacetamide (CH3-NH-C(=O)-CH3), a molecule containing two methyl tops with relatively low barriers to internal rotation, has been recorded and fit to nearly experimental measurement uncerta ...
7. Analysis and Global Fit of Tunneling Splittings in the K=0 A-Type Microwave Spectrum of the Methanol Dimer
N Ohashi, Jon Torger Hougen
8. Analysis and fit of the high-resolution spectrum of the A 1A u X 1A g LIF spectrum of the two-equivalent-top molecule biacetyl
Jon Torger Hougen
The laser-induced visible fluorescence excitation spectrum of the Ã 1Au (S1) - X̃ 1Ag (S0) transition in biacetyl (CH3-C(=O)-C(=O)-CH3) exhibits a long progression in the torsional vibrations of the two equivalent methyl tops in this ...
9. Anomalous Splittings of Torsional Sublevels Induced by the Aldehyde Inversion Motion in the S^d1^ State of Acetaldehyde
Y Chou, I Chen, Jon Torger Hougen
10. Anomalous Transitions in Two-Level Systems Driven by the AC Stark Effect
W L Meerts, I Ozier, Jon Torger Hougen