You searched on:
Author: edwin heilweil
Sorted by: date
Displaying records 1 to 10 of 80 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. Application of nanoporous silicon substrates for terahertz spectroscopy
Edwin J Heilweil, Shu-Zee A. Lo, Gagan Kumar, Thomas E. Murphy
Infrared spectroscopy is a valuable tool for probing and characterizing
the macro-molecular motions of complex molecules, including
vibrational and phonon modes that cannot be easily accessed through
visible spectroscopy. We describe here an impro ...
2. Spectra and Relaxation Dynamics of the Pseudohalide (PS) Vibrational Bands for Ru(bpy)2(PS)2 Complexes, PS = CN, NCS and N3
Edwin J Heilweil, Ryan Compton, Helen K. Gerardi, Daniel Weidinger, Douglas J. Brown, Walter J. Dressick, Jeffrey C. Owrutsky
The RuII cyclometalated dye complex, cis-Ru(bpy)2(N3)2 (where bpy = 2,2‰-bipyridine), along with two more familiar analogs with pseudohalide (PS) ligands, cis-Ru(bpy)2(NCS)2 and cis-Ru(bpy)2(CN)2, were investigated in solution with static and transi ...
3. Time-Resolved Terahertz Studies of Carrier Dynamics in P3HT and Zinc-Phthalocyanine/C60 Nanolayered Organic Films
Edwin J Heilweil, Paul A. Lane, Okan Esenturk, Paul D. Cunningham, Joseph S Melinger
Relative carrier mobilities in semiconducting organic polymer films measured using non-contact optical pump terahertz (THz) probe spectroscopy will be presented. Transient signal amplitude measurements of photo-injected mobility as a function of pol ...
4. Pulsed terahertz bi-directional reflection distribution function (BRDF) measurements of materials and obscurants
Shu Zee Alencious Lo, David R Novotny, Erich N Grossman, Edwin J Heilweil
A pulsed terahertz imaging system modified to perform angular detection of light for quantitatively characterizing reflection and scattering from samples is reported. Reflection from a gold mirror shows that the full width half maximum (FWHM) of the ...
5. In-situ Kinetics Studies on Hydrogenation of Transition Metal (=Ti, Fe) Doped Mg Films
Zhuopeng Tan, Edwin J Heilweil, Leonid A Bendersky
In this paper we report on kinetics studies on growth rates of a hydride phase during metal-hydride phase transformation of Mg films doped with transition metals (=Ti, Fe). Infrared imaging of wedge-shaped thin films during hydrogen loading reveals d ...
6. Relative Photon-to-Carrier Efficiencies of Alternating Nanolayers of Zinc Phthalocyanine and C60 Multilayer Films Assessed by Time-Resolved Terahertz Spectroscopy
Okan Esenturk, Joseph S Melinger, Paul A. Lane, Edwin J Heilweil
Alternating multi-layer and 1:1 blended films of zinc phthalocyanine (ZnPc)and buckminsterfullerene (C60) were investigated as model active layers for solar cells by Time-Resolved Terahertz Spectroscopy (TRTS). Relative photon-to-carrier efficiencies ...
7. Characterization of Metal-Oxide Nanofilm Morphologies and Composition by Terahertz Transmission Spectroscopy
Edwin J Heilweil, James E Maslar, William Andrew Kimes, Nabil Bassim, Peter K. Schenck
An all-optical terahertz absorption technique for non-destructive characterization of nanometer-scale metal-oxide thin films grown on silicon substrates is described. Example measurements of laser and atomic layer-deposited films of HfO2, TiO3, Al2O ...
8. Development of Ultrafast Photochromic Organometallics and Photoinduced Linkage
Isomerization of Arene Chromium Carbonyl Derivatives
Tung T. To, Edwin J Heilweil, Duke Charles, Ruddick Kristie, Webster Edwin Charles, Burkey Theodore
We review recent studies of processes relevant to photoinduced linkage isomerization of organometallic systems with the goal of preparing organometallics with an efﬁcient and ultrafast photochromic response. The organometallic system thus corr ...
9. Terahertz spectroscopy of aqueous L-Proline in reverse micelles
Catherine C Cooksey, Edwin J Heilweil, Benjamin Greer
A new method for obtaining room temperature terahertz (THz) absorption spectra of aqueous-phase biomolecules in the frequency range 1 THz to 21 THz (35 cm-1 to 700 cm-1) is reported. The spectrum for L-Proline was acquired by solvating the amino ac ...
10. Terahertz Spectroscopy of Biomolecules
David F Plusquellic, Edwin J Heilweil
Far-infrared (Terahertz or THz) spectroscopic investigations of condensed-phase biological and model organic species including substituted benzenes, amino acids, sugars, polypeptides, small proteins and DNA/RNA are reviewed. These studies reveal tha ...