You searched on: Author: edwin heilweil Sorted by: date
Displaying records 1 to 10 of 95 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. Linkage Isomerization via Geminate Cage or Biomolecular Mechanisms: Time-Resolved Investigations of an Organometallic Photochrome
Edwin J Heilweil, Kristy M Dewitt, Tung T To, Theodore Joseph Burkey
A metal center reversibly migrates from a pyridinyl group to a nitrile group in the light driven linkage isomerization of dicarbonyl(3-cyanomethylpyridine-N3)(eta-5-methylcyclopentadienyl)-manganese (4) to dicarbonyl(3-cyanomethylpyridine-CN)(eta-5-m ...
2. Hot photocarrier dynamics in organic semiconductors studied by ultrafast terahertz photoconductivity and transient absorption spectroscopies
Paul A Lane, Paul D. Cunningham, Joseph S Melinger, Edwin J Heilweil
We present a study of charge transfer and carrier dynamics in nano-films of zinc phthalocyanine (ZnPc) and buckmisnster¬fullerene (C60) by investigated by time-resolved terahertz spectroscopy (TRTS). We compare terahertz photocon¬ductivity dynamics i ...
3. Ultrafast THz photoconductivity of photovoltaic polymer-fullerene blends: a comparative study correlated with photovoltaic device performance
Edwin J Heilweil, Jin Zuanming, Dominik Gehrig, Clare Dyer-Smith, Frederic Laquai, Mischa Bonn, Dmitry Turchinovich
Ultrafast photo-induced carrier dynamics in prototypical low band-gap polymer:fullerene photovoltaic blend films PTB7:PC70BM and P3HT:PC70BM is investigated using ultrafast terahertz (THz) spectroscopy. The sub-picosecond (ps) and few-ps decays of TH ...
4. Time-Resolved Infrared Studies of a Trimethylphosphine Model Derivative of [FeFe]-Hydrogenase
Edwin J Heilweil, Christopher Jon Stromberg, Melissa Johnson, James Thuman, Roger G. Letterman, Webster Edwin Charles
Model compounds that structurally mimic the hydrogen-producing active site of [FeFe] hydrogenases have been explored. In order to explore potential ground-state electronic structure effects on reaction mechanisms compared to hexacarbonyl derivatives, ...
5. Application of nanoporous silicon substrates for terahertz spectroscopy
Edwin J Heilweil, Shu-Zee A. Lo, Gagan Kumar, Thomas E. Murphy
Infrared spectroscopy is a valuable tool for probing and characterizing
the macro-molecular motions of complex molecules, including
vibrational and phonon modes that cannot be easily accessed through
visible spectroscopy. We describe here an impro ...
6. Spectra and Relaxation Dynamics of the Pseudohalide (PS) Vibrational Bands for Ru(bpy)2(PS)2 Complexes, PS = CN, NCS and N3
Edwin J Heilweil, Ryan Compton, Helen K. Gerardi, Daniel Weidinger, Douglas J. Brown, Walter J. Dressick, Jeffrey C. Owrutsky
The RuII cyclometalated dye complex, cis-Ru(bpy)2(N3)2 (where bpy = 2,2‰-bipyridine), along with two more familiar analogs with pseudohalide (PS) ligands, cis-Ru(bpy)2(NCS)2 and cis-Ru(bpy)2(CN)2, were investigated in solution with static and transi ...
7. Time-Resolved Terahertz Studies of Carrier Dynamics in P3HT and Zinc-Phthalocyanine/C60 Nanolayered Organic Films
Edwin J Heilweil, Paul A. Lane, Okan Esenturk, Paul D. Cunningham, Joseph S Melinger
Relative carrier mobilities in semiconducting organic polymer films measured using non-contact optical pump terahertz (THz) probe spectroscopy will be presented. Transient signal amplitude measurements of photo-injected mobility as a function of pol ...
8. Time-Resolved Vibrational Spectroscopy of [FeFe-Hydrogenase Model Compounds
Edwin J Heilweil, Christopher Jon Stromberg
Fe2(μ-S2C3H6)(CO)6 is a model compound found to mimic the active site structure of the [FeFe]-hydrogenases. To observe the time-dependent behavior of this molecule, ultrafast ultraviolet (UV) or visible excitation with infrared (IR) probe measu ...
9. Time-Resolved Infrared Spectroscopy of an
[FeFe]-Hydrogenase Model Compound
Edwin J Heilweil
Naturally occurring hydrogenases catalyze the reaction of H+ to form H2 gas. To develop a hydrogen source that is not reliant on fossil fuels, synthetic [FeFe]-hydrogenase model species are being studied. These compounds have a wing-like structure wi ...
10. Photoexcitation Dynamics in Nanolayered C60-Zinc Phthalocyanine Films
Paul A Lane, Paul D. Cunningham, Joseph S Melinger, J. P. Kushto, Okan Esenturk, Edwin J Heilweil
We elucidate charge transfer and photoexcitation dynamics in C60 and zinc phthalocyanine (ZnPc) by transient and continuous wave spectroscopies. We identify an intermolecular charge transfer state of C¬60 by transient absorption and time-resolved THz ...