You searched on: Author: edward hagley Sorted by: date
Displaying records 1 to 10 of 47 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. A Dynamic, Ultra-Slow Optical-Matter Wave Analog of Event Horizon
C. J. Zhu, Lu Deng, Edward W Hagley, Mo-Lin Ge
We investigate effects of a dynamically increasing medium index to optical-wave propagation
in a rubidium condensate. A long pulsed pump lasaer coupling a D2 line transition produces a
rapidly-growing internally-generated field. This results in a s ...
2. Fast, Optically Controlled Kerr Phase Shifter for Digital Signal Processing
Runbing Li, Lu Deng, Edward W Hagley, Joshua C Bienfang, Zachary H Levine
We demonstrate a large and fast-responding nonlinear Kerr phase shift using a room-temperature
85Rb vapor operated in a Raman gain scheme where the signal wave travels ,superluminallyŠ.
Phase shifts of zero to π in comparison with a reference ...
3. Fast, All-Optical, Zero to PI Continuously Controllable Kerr Phase Gate
Runbing Li, Lu Deng, Edward W Hagley
We demonstrate a fast-responding Kerr phase gate using a room-temperature 85Rb vapor operated
in a Raman gain scheme where the probe/signal wave travels ,superluminallyŠ. Continuously
controllable nonlinear Kerr phase shift of the probe wave from 0 ...
4. SURF III: A flexible Synchrotron Radiation Source for Radiometry and Research
Uwe Arp, Charles W Clark, Lu Deng, Nadir S. Faradzhev, Alex P. Farrell, Mitchell L. Furst, Steven E Grantham, Edward W Hagley, Shannon Bradley Hill, Thomas B Lucatorto, Ping-Shine Shaw, Charles S Tarrio, Robert Edward Vest
The calculability of synchrotron radiation (SR) makes electron storage rings wonderful light sources for radiometry. The broadband nature of SR allows coverage of the whole spectral region from the x-ray to the far-infrared. Compact low-energy storag ...
5. Reply to ,Comment on ,Electromagnetic Wave Dynamics in Matter-Wave Superradiant ScatteringŠ by Wolfgang Ketterle
Lu Deng, Edward W Hagley, Marvin G. Payne
The comment by W. Ketterle  purports having a viable model of superradiance. However, Ref.  admits not being able to explain the red/blue pump detuning asymmetry in matter-wave superradiance that was first observed recently by us . It is cle ...
6. Observation of the red-blue detuning asymmetry in matter-wave superradiance
Lu Deng, Edward W Hagley, Qiang Cao, Xiaorui Wang, Xinyu Luo, Ruquan Wang, Fan Yang, Xiaoji Zhou, Xuzong Chen, M. G. Payne, Mingsheng Zhan
We show the first experimental observations of matter-wave superradiance using blue-detuned
light, and demonstrate a pump-laser detuning asymmetry in the collective atomic recoil motion. In
contrast to all previous theoretical treatments, which pre ...
7. A Green Laser Pointer Hazard
Technical Note (NIST TN)
Jemellie Galang, Alessandro Restelli, Edward W Hagley, Charles W Clark
An inexpensive green laser pointer was found to emit 20 mW of infrared radiation during normal use. This is potentially a serious hazard that would not be noticed by most users of such pointers. We find that the problem derives from an unsafe desig ...
8. Matter-wave self-imaging in non-Raman-Nath regime pulsed standing optical wave
Ke Li, Lu Deng, Edward W Hagley, M.S. Zhan, M Payne
We demonstrate matter-wave self-imaging in a stationary light field in the non-Raman-Nath limit. We show that in a non-instantaneous pulsed standing wave grating significant contributions due to the non-negligible atomic center of mass motion and ins ...
9. Formation and propagation of matched and coupled ultraslow optical soliton pairs in a four-level double-Lambda system
Lu Deng, M G Payne, G X Huang, Edward W Hagley
10. Propagation Dynamics of a Temporally, Amplitude- and Group-Velocity-Matched Two-Mode Ultraslow Wave in a Three-Level Lamda System
Lu Deng, M Payne, Edward W Hagley
We investigate the propagation dynamics of a two-mode probe field traveling with ultra-slow group velocities. We show that a strong cross-beam coupling occurs between the two modes of the probe wave. In the adiabatic limit and under appropriate con ...