You searched on: Author: chiara ferraris
Displaying records 31 to 40 of 95 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
31. Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowships (SURF) at the National Institute of Standards and Technology: A NSF/NIST Partnership
Christopher C White, Chiara F Ferraris, Lisa Jean Fronczek, Joseph J Kopanski, David B Newell
32. Measurement of yield stress for concentrated suspensions using a plate device
Min-Hong Zhang, Chiara F Ferraris, Huaning Zhu, Vincent Picandet, Max A Peltz, Paul E Stutzman, Daniel De Kee
Slump has often been correlated with the yield stress of concrete as defined by the Bingham model. The discussion is still open as to what the yield stress value actually is and how to measure the yield stress of a suspension in general and for a cem ...
33. Virtual Cement and Concrete
Jeffrey W Bullard, Chiara F Ferraris, Edward Joseph Garboczi, Nicos Martys, Paul E Stutzman, Judith Ellen Terrill
Design and optimization of cement or concrete mixes typically is accomplished by intensive trial-and-error experimentation, primarily because the design space has many parameters and because interactions between these parameters are incompletely unde ...
34. REFERENCE MATERIALS FOR RHEOMETERS AND THE FLOW TABLE
Chiara F Ferraris, Zughuo Li, Mona Mohseni, Nicholas Franson
Oil is the most used standard material for the calibration of rheometers. Other products are used to calibrate flow devices, i.e., the flow table is calibrated using a mixture of oil and silica powder. The oil is a Newtonian liquid while the oil-sili ...
35. Rheological Properties of Cement Pastes: A Discussion of Structure Formation and Mechanical Property Development
Gaurav Sant, Chiara F Ferraris, Jason Weiss
The objective of this paper is to examine the evolution of rheological properties (e.g. yield stress) and to evaluate the use of these properties as a way to monitor structure formation and mechanical property development in cementitious systems. The ...
36. Etude de la mesure de la contrainte seuil l aide d une plaque mobile : application aux p tes de ciment
Vincent Picandet, Chiara F Ferraris
Un dispositif de conception assez simple a été développé pour mesurer directement le seuil de cisaillement de diverses suspensions concentrées. Il consiste en une plaque immergée verticalement dans le mat&eac ...
37. Parallel-Plate Rheometer Calibration Using Oil and Lattice Boltzmann Simulation
Chiara F Ferraris, Nicos Martys, M R Geiker, N V. Muzzatti
The flow in traditional rotational rheometers is well known and rheological parameters such as viscosity can be calculated relatively easily. On the other hand, when the fluid is a suspension that contains particles with a diameter up to 2 mm, these ...
38. Acoustic Sensing of Hydrating Cement Slurries: An Exploratory Study
Vincent A Hackley, L -S Lum, Chiara F Ferraris
39. Calibration of Modified Parallel-Plate Rheometer Using Standard Oil and Lattice Boltzmann Simulation
Chiara F Ferraris, M R Geiker, Nicos Martys, N V. Muzzatti
Fluid flow patterns in traditional rotational rheometers are generally well known and rheological parameters such as viscosity can be easily calculated from experimental data of single phase fluids and analytical solutions of the patterns. However, w ...
40. Feasibility of Using a Concrete Mixing Truck as a Rheometer(Orlando, Florida)
NIST Interagency/Internal Report (NISTIR)
Chiara F Ferraris, Roy Cooley, Joe Grein, Max A Peltz, Michael Topputo, Steve Verdino
The goal of the tests reported here was to further determine the feasibility of using a concrete mixing truck as a rotational rheometer. This work is the continuation of preliminary tests [ , ] that seemed to indicated that the yield stress and the ...