You searched on: Author: john elliott
Displaying records 21 to 30 of 48 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
21. Biological Cell Feature Identification by a Modified Watershed-Merging Algorithm
NIST Interagency/Internal Report (NISTIR)
David E. Gilsinn, Kiran Bhadriraju, John T Elliott
Biological cells are composed of many subsystems and organelles. The subsystem called the cytoskeleton is composed of long rod-shaped structures. They give the cell form and help attach the cell to the substrate and neighbors. One of the filaments is ...
22. Instantaneous Trapping and Long Term Cell Survival Under Dielectrophoretic Conditions Using a Hybrid Cell Adhesive Surface
Darwin R Reyes-Hernandez, Jennifer S. Hong, John T Elliott, Michael Gaitan
A dielectrophoresis (DEP) microfluidic device that allows instantaneous trapping of cells for rapid return to cell growth conditions (within 5 minutes) and long-term cell experiments (cell proliferation, induction and differentiation) of embryonic P1 ...
23. A mechanistically relevant cytotoxicity assay based on the detection of cellular GFP
Michael W Halter, Jamie L Almeida, Alessandro Tona, Kenneth D Cole, Anne L Plant, John T Elliott
Cell-based assays for measuring ribosome inhibition by proteins such as the plant toxin ricin are important for characterizing decontamination strategies and developing detection technologies for field use. We report here an assay for ricin that prov ...
24. Cell volume distributions reveal cell growth rates and division times
Michael W Halter, John T Elliott, Joseph Bunton Hubbard, Alessandro Tona, Anne L Plant
A population of cells in culture displays a range of phenotypic responses, even when those cells are derived from a single cell and are exposed to a homogeneous environment. Phenotypic variability can have a number of sources, including the variable ...
25. Determination of Protein Aggregation with Differential Mobility Analysis: Application to IgG Antibody
Leonard F. Pease III, John T Elliott, De-Hao D. Tsai, Michael Russel Zachariah, Michael J Tarlov
Here we describe the use of electrospray differential mobility analysis (ES-DMA), also known as gas-phase electrophoretic mobility molecular analysis (GEMMA), as a method for measuring low-order aggregates of proteins in solution. We demonstrate pro ...
26. The Stiffness of Collagen Fibrils Influences Vascular Smooth Muscle Cell Phenotype
Dennis P. McDaniel, Gordon Allan Shaw, John T Elliott, Kiran Bhadriraju, Curtis W Meuse, Koo-Hyun Chung, Anne L Plant
Cells receive signals from the extracellular matrix through receptor-dependent interactions, but they are also influenced by the mechanical properties of the matrix. While bulk properties of substrates have been shown to effect cell behavior, we sho ...
27. The effect of surface chemistry on the formation of thin films of native fibrillar collagen
John T Elliott, John Taylor Woodward IV, A. Umarji, Y. Mei, Alessandro Tona
28. ROCK Controls Matrix Synthesis in Vascular Smooth Muscle Cells - Coupling Vasoconstriction to Vascular Remodeling
R. Chapados, K. Abe, K. Ihida-Stansbury, D. McKean, A. T. Gates, M. Kern, S. Merklinger, John T Elliott, Anne L Plant, H. Shimokawa, P. Jones
29. Tools for Quantitative and Validated Measurements of Cells
Anne L Plant, John T Elliott, A. Tona, Dennis P. McDaniel, K J. Langenbach
30. Thin films of Type 1 collagen for cell by cell analysis of morphology and tenascin-C promoter activity
K J. Langenbach, John T Elliott, Alessandro Tona, Dennis P. McDaniel, Anne L Plant