You searched on:
Author: m miral dizdar
Displaying records 31 to 40 of 63 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
31. New functions of XPC in the protection of human skin cells from oxidative damage
M. D'Errico, E. Parlanti, M. Teson, B. M. Bernardes de Jesus, P. Degan, A. Calcagnile, Pawel Jaruga, M. Bjoras, M. Crescenzi, A. M. Pedrini, J.-M. Egly, G. Zambruno, M. Stefanini, M Miral Dizdar, E. Dogliotti
32. Oxidative changes in the DNA of stroma and epithelium from the female breast: potential implications for breast cancer
D. C. Malins, K. M. Anderson, Pawel Jaruga, C. R. Ramsey, N. K. Gilman, W. M. Green, S. W. Rostad, J. T. Emerman, M Miral Dizdar
33. Biomarkers Signal Contaminant Effects on the Organs of English Sole (Parophrys vetulus) from Puget Sound
D. C. Malins, K. M. Anderson, J. J. Stegeman, Pawel Jaruga, V. M. Green, N. K. Gilman, M Miral Dizdar
34. Structural alterations in breast stromal and epithelial DNA: the influence of 8,5'-cyclo-2'-deoxyadenosine
K. M. Anderson, Pawel Jaruga, C. R. Ramsey, N. K. Gilman, V. M. Green, S. W. Rostad, J. T. Emerman, M Miral Dizdar, D. C. Malins
(5'S)-8,5'-Cyclo-2'-deoxyadenosine (S-cdA), which arises from the reaction of the hydroxyl radical (*OH) with 2'-deoxyadenosine in DNA, is a lesion comprising a base-sugar linkage that distorts the DNA backbone. This structure impedes transcription a ...
35. Repair of Formamidopyrimidines in DNA Involves Different Glycosylases - Role of the OGG1, NTH1, and NEIL1 Enzymes
J Hu, N de Souza-Pinto, K Haraguchi, Barbara A Hogue, Pawel Jaruga, M M Greenberg, M Miral Dizdar, V. Bohr
2,6-diamino-4-hydroxy-5-formamidopyrimidine (FapyG) and 4,6-diamino-5-formamidopyrimidine (FapyA), are formed abundantly in DNA of cultured cells or tissues exposed to ionizing radiation or to other free radical-generating systems. We show here that ...
36. Mouse NEIL1 protein is specific for excision of 2,6-diamino-4-hydroxy-5-formamidopyrimidine and 4,6-diamino-5-formamidopyrimidine from oxidatively damaged DNA
Pawel Jaruga, M Birincioglu, T A Rosenquist, M Miral Dizdar
37. Oxidative DNA Damage: Induction, Repair and Significance
M D Evans, M Miral Dizdar, M S Cooke
The generation of reactive oxygen species may be both beneficial to cells, performing a function in inter- and intra-cellular signaling, and detrimental, modifying cellular bimolecules, accumulation of which has been associated with numerous diseases ...
38. Overexpression and Rapid Purification of Escherichia Coli Formamidopyrimidine-DNA Glycosylase
Prasad T Reddy, Pawel Jaruga, T R O'Connor, H Rodriguez, M Miral Dizdar
Formamidopyrimidine DNA glycosylase (Fpg) is a DNA glycosylase with an associated AP lyase activity. As a DNA repair enzyme, Fpg excises several modified bases from DNA associated with exposure to oxidizing agents such as free radicals. Experiments ...
39. Substrate specificities and excision kinetics of DNA glycosylases involved in base-excision repair of oxidative DNA damage
M Miral Dizdar
40. DNA Base Damage by the Antitumor Agent 3-Amino-1,2,4-Benzotriazine 1,4-Dioxide (Tirapazamine)
M Birincioglu, Pawel Jaruga, G Chowdhury, H Rodriguez, M Miral Dizdar, K Gates
Tirapazamine is a bioreductively activated DNA-damaging agent that selectively kills the hypoxic cells found in solid tomors. This compound shows great clinical promise and is currently being examined in a variety of clinical trails, including sever ...