You searched on:
Author: frank delrio
Sorted by: title
Displaying records 1 to 10 of 32 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. A ROUND ROBIN EXPERIMENT TO PROVIDE PRECISION AND BIAS FOR SEMI MS5: TEST METHOD FOR WAFER BOND STRENGTH MEASUREMENTS USING MICRO-CHEVRON TEST STRUCTURES
Richard A Allen, Winthrop A. Baylies, Paul Langer, Ralph Danzl, Frank W DelRio, Gavin Horn, Roy Knechtel, Michael Mattes, David Thomas Read, Sumant Sood, Kevin T. Turner
An international round robin was organized to update SEMI Standard MS5: Test Method for Wafer Bond Strength Measurements using Micro-Chevron Test Structures. Results from the round robin allowed for inclusion of a Precision and Bias statement. The ...
2. A Standard Method for Measuring Wafer Bond Strength for MEMS Applications
Richard A Allen, Janet M Cassard, Winthrop A. Baylies, David Thomas Read, George David Quinn, Frank W DelRio, Kevin T. Turner, Michael Bernasch, Joerg Bagdahn
A round robin, to provide precision and bias data for SEMI standard MS5-1107, Test Method for Wafer Bond Strength Measurements Using Micro-Chevron Test Structures, in underway. The precision and bias data, combined with experience in applying the tes ...
3. Adsorption and Conformation of Serum Albumin Protein on Gold Nanoparticles
De-Hao D. Tsai, Frank W DelRio, Athena M Keene, Katherine M Tyner, Robert I. MacCuspie, Tae Joon Cho, Michael Russel Zachariah, Vincent A Hackley
4. Competitive Adsorption of Thiolated Polyethylene Glycol and Mercaptoproprionic acid on Gold Nanoparticles Measured by Physical Characterization Methods
De-Hao D. Tsai, Frank W DelRio, Robert I. MacCuspie, Tae Joon Cho, Michael Russel Zachariah, Vincent A Hackley
Adsorption kinetics between thiolated polyethylene glycol (SH-PEG) and mercaptoproprionic acid (MPA) on gold nanoparticles (Au-NP) were studied using dynamic light scattering (DLS) and electrospray differential mobility analysis (ES-DMA). Through a c ...
5. Controlled Chemistry for Studying Combined Effects of Extracellular Matrix Proteins
Antony K. Chen, Frank W DelRio, Alexander W Peterson, Koo-Hyun Chung, Kiran Bhadriraju, Anne L Plant
The extracellular matrix (ECM) consists of a complex mixture of biochemical and physical stimuli that together regulate cell behavior. Previously we showed that films composed of Type I collagen fibrils induce reproducible and physiologically relevan ...
6. Controlled Formation and Characterization of Dithiothreitol-Conjugated Gold Nanoparticle Clusters
De-Hao D. Tsai, Tae Joon Cho, Frank W DelRio, Justin M Gorham, Jiwen Zheng, Jiaojie Tan, Michael Russel Zachariah, Vincent A Hackley
We report a systematic study of the controlled formation of discrete-size gold nanoparticle clusters (GNCs) by interaction with the reducing agent dithiothreitol (DTT). Asymmetric-flow field flow fractionation and electrospray differential mobility a ...
7. Decoupling small-scale roughness and long-range features on deep reactive ion etched silicon surfaces
Frank W DelRio, Lawrence H Friedman, Michael S. Gaither, William A Osborn, Robert Francis Cook
Roughness scaling of three different deep reactive ion etched (DRIE) silicon surfaces is investigated using atomic force microscopy. At small distances, height-height correlations H reveal power-law behavior with equal scaling exponents for all surf ...
8. Deformation and fracture of single-crystal silicon theta-like specimens
Michael S. Gaither, Frank W DelRio, Richard Swift Gates, Robert Francis Cook
Miniaturized test specimens of single-crystal silicon, fabricated by lithography and deep reactive ion etching (DRIE), were used to measure deformation and fracture properties at the micro scale. Two specimen geometries, both in the form of a Greek l ...
9. Design and test of reliable, high strength, ingressive polycrystalline silicon microgripper arrays
Siddharth Hazra, J L Beuth, Grant A Myers, Frank W DelRio, Maarten de Boer
We present the design and extensive validation of a micromachined gripper array that enables
reliable transmission of forces up to 10 milliNewtons. The gripper is constructed with
polycrystalline silicon, a brittle material. Two ingressive snap-a ...
10. ELUCIDATING THE SURFACE COMPOSITION OF MECHANICALLY MODULATED COLLAGEN FIBRIL FILMS WITH TOF-SIMS
Christopher R Anderton, Kiran Bhadriraju, Frank W DelRio, Anne L Plant
The extracellular matrix (ECM) environment plays a critical role in organism development and disease. Consequently, developing
complementary analytical techniques to study bioactive scaffolds can assist in understanding cell-ECM processes. We have ...