You searched on:
Author: frank delrio
Displaying records 21 to 27.
Resort by: Date / Title
21. Theta-like specimen to determine tensile strength at the micro-scale
Michael S. Gaither, Frank W DelRio, Richard Swift Gates, Edwin R. Fuller, Robert Francis Cook
Micro- and nano-electromechanical systems are typically formed via lithographic and etching processes that leave residual surface features, stresses, and chemistry that ultimately control component strength and device reliability. Here, we describe ...
22. A ROUND ROBIN EXPERIMENT TO PROVIDE PRECISION AND BIAS FOR SEMI MS5: TEST METHOD FOR WAFER BOND STRENGTH MEASUREMENTS USING MICRO-CHEVRON TEST STRUCTURES
Richard A Allen, Winthrop A. Baylies, Paul Langer, Ralph Danzl, Frank W DelRio, Gavin Horn, Roy Knechtel, Michael Mattes, David Thomas Read, Sumant Sood, Kevin T. Turner
An international round robin was organized to update SEMI Standard MS5: Test Method for Wafer Bond Strength Measurements using Micro-Chevron Test Structures. Results from the round robin allowed for inclusion of a Precision and Bias statement. The ...
23. Size Measurement of Nanoparticles using Atomic Force Microscopy
Jaroslaw Grobelny, Frank W DelRio, Pradeep Narayanan Namboodiri, Doo-In Kim, Vincent A Hackley, Robert Francis Cook
In this assay protocol, procedures for dispersing gold nanoparticles on various surfaces such that they are suitable for imaging and height measurement via intermittent contact mode AFM are first described. The procedures for AFM calibration and ope ...
24. Elastic and adhesive properties of alkanethiol self-assembled monolayers on gold
Frank W DelRio, Cherno Jaye, Daniel A Fischer, Robert Francis Cook
Elastic and adhesive properties of alkanethiol (CH3(CH2)n 1SH) self-assembled monolayers on gold are investigated by atomic force microscopy and correlated with surface structure via near edge x-ray absorption fine structure spectroscopy. As the cha ...
25. A Standard Method for Measuring Wafer Bond Strength for MEMS Applications
Richard A Allen, Janet M Cassard, Winthrop A. Baylies, David Thomas Read, George David Quinn, Frank W DelRio, Kevin T. Turner, Michael Bernasch, Joerg Bagdahn
A round robin, to provide precision and bias data for SEMI standard MS5-1107, Test Method for Wafer Bond Strength Measurements Using Micro-Chevron Test Structures, in underway. The precision and bias data, combined with experience in applying the tes ...
26. Mechanical and electrical coupling at metal-insulator-metal nano-scale contacts
Doo-In Kim, Pradeep Narayanan Namboodiri, Frank W DelRio, Robert Francis Cook
Mechanical and electrical coupling at nano-scale metallic contacts was investigated using a conducting-probe atomic force microscope (AFM). The current-voltage responses were non-Ohmic, symmetric about zero bias, with conductance values smaller than ...
27. Competitive Adsorption of Thiolated Polyethylene Glycol and Mercaptoproprionic acid on Gold Nanoparticles Measured by Physical Characterization Methods
De-Hao D. Tsai, Frank W DelRio, Robert I. MacCuspie, Tae Joon Cho, Michael Russel Zachariah, Vincent A Hackley
Adsorption kinetics between thiolated polyethylene glycol (SH-PEG) and mercaptoproprionic acid (MPA) on gold nanoparticles (Au-NP) were studied using dynamic light scattering (DLS) and electrospray differential mobility analysis (ES-DMA). Through a c ...