You searched on: Author: charles clark Sorted by: title
Displaying records 1 to 10 of 226 records.
Resort by: Date / Title
1. 3p-Photoabsorption of Free and Bound Cr, Cr^u+^, Mn and Mn^u+^
J T Costello, E T Kennedy, B F Sonntag, Charles W Clark
2. A Comparative Analysis of Cascade Measures for Novelty and Diversity
Ian M Soboroff, Charles L. Clarke, Nick Craswell, Azin Ashkan
Traditional editorial effectiveness measures, such as nDCG, remain standard for Web search evaluation. Unfortunately, these traditional measures can inappropriately reward re- dundant information and can fail to reflect the broad range of user needs ...
3. A Green Laser Pointer Hazard
Technical Note (NIST TN)
Jemellie Galang, Alessandro Restelli, Edward W Hagley, Charles W Clark
An inexpensive green laser pointer was found to emit 20 mW of infrared radiation during normal use. This is potentially a serious hazard that would not be noticed by most users of such pointers. We find that the problem derives from an unsafe desig ...
4. A High Speed Quantum Communication Testbed
Carl J Williams, X Tang, M Hiekkero, J Rouzaud, R Lu, A Goedecke, Alan L Migdall, A Mink, A Nakassis, Leticia S Pibida, J Wen, Edward W Hagley, Charles W Clark
5. A High-Bandwidth, Individually Addressable Two-Dimensional Coherent Optical Information Register Using Neutral Atoms
Lu Deng, M Payne, Edward W Hagley, Charles W Clark
We propose a high-capacity, high-bandwidth, and individually addressable two-dimensional coherent optical information register. The device is based on the principles of a surface magneto-optical trap using an atom chip, micro-dipole traps using a mi ...
6. A Hybrid Lagrangian Variational Method for Bose-Einstein Condensates in Optical Lattices
M Edwards, L M DeBeer, M Demenikov, J Galbreath, B Nelson, Charles W Clark
Solving the Gross--Pitaevskii (GP) equation describing a Bose--Einstein condensate (BEC) immersed in an optical lattice potential can be a numerically demanding task. We present a variational technique for providing fast, accurate solutions of the G ...
7. A Special Functions Handbook for the Digital Age
Ronald F Boisvert, Charles W Clark, Daniel W Lozier, Frank William John Olver
The NIST Digital Library of Mathematical Functions (DLMF) is a reference work providing information on the properties of the special functions of applied mathematics. It is a successor to the highly successful NBS Handbook of Mathematical Functions ( ...
8. A hybrid Lagrangian variational method for Bose-Einstein condensates in optical lattices
Mark Andrew Edwards, L M DeBeer, M Demenikov, J Galbreath, T J Mahaney, B Nelsen, Charles W Clark
9. Accelerating Scientific Discovery through Computation and Visualization
Journal of Research (NIST JRES)
James S Sims, John G Hagedorn, Peter M. Ketcham, Steven G Satterfield, Terence J. Griffin, William L George, H A Fowler, B A. am Ende, Howard Hung, Robert B Bohn, John E Koontz, Nicos Martys, Charles E. Bouldin, James A Warren, D L Feder, Charles W Clark, Bernard J Filla, Judith Ellen Terrill
The rate of scientific discovery can be accelerated through computation and visualization. This acceleration results from the synergy of expertise, computing tools, and hardware for enabling high performance computation, information science, and visu ...
10. Accurate Determination of Electric-Dipole Matrix Elements in K and Rb From Stark Shift Measurements
B Arora, M S Safronova, Charles W Clark
Stark shifts of potassium and rubidium D1 lines have been measured with high precision by Miller et al . In this work, we combine these measurements with our all-order calculations to determine the values of the electric-dipole matrix elements for ...