You searched on:
Author: nelson bryner
Displaying records 71 to 75.
Resort by: Date / Title
71. Use of Electrostatic Classification Method to Size 0.1 mum SRM Particles. A Feasibility Study
P. D. Kinney, D. Y. H. Pui, George William Mulholland, Nelson P Bryner
The use of the electrostatic classification method for sizing monodisperse 0.1 mum polystyrene latex (PSL) spheres has been investigated experimentally. The objective was to determine the feasibility of using electrostatic classification as a standar ...
72. Smoke Emission and Burning Rates for Urban Structures
Nelson P Bryner, George William Mulholland
Cribs, ordered arrays of sticks, were burned to mimic post-nuclear building fires. As the packing density of the cribs was increased to simulate blast damage, the smoke yield increased and the smoke changed from strongly light absorbing to whitish in ...
73. Laboratory Studies of Smoke Properties at NIST Past, Present, and Future
George William Mulholland, Nelson P Bryner
Burn facilities have been developed at NIST to measure the yield and optical properties of smoke at two fire scales. The small scale apparatus is used for burning samples about 10 cm in diameter (soup bowl size) and an intermediate scale apparatus is ...
74. Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbon Emissions from the Combustion of Crude Oil on Water
Bruce A Benner Jr, Nelson P Bryner, Stephen A Wise, George William Mulholland, R. Lao, M. F. Fingas
75. Advances in Thermal Imaging Technology in the First Responder Arena
Francine K. Amon, Nelson P Bryner
The Building and Fire Research Laboratory (BFRL) at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) has been conducting research that will provide a quantifiable physical and scientific basis upon which industry standards for imaging perfor ...